Toronto First Canadian Place Rejuvenation | 298.08m | 72s | Brookfield | MdeAS Architects

The photos above showing half of the re-clad are really impressive. The green TD Canada Trust logo atop Brookfield Place reflects off of the east side of First Canadian Place at night, which it never did before. Would they not be cleaning this as they move down or wait to clean it all once it's complete? If it's yet to be cleaned this thing is really going to shine.

I'm sure the boys are giving the new panels a good wipe before the platform is lowered and probably the windows too....

...However...

...Because the platform uses the same tracks between the windows to hold the cables that support it AND those are the same channels used by the window-washing stage and its cables, They will not be able to clean the windows or the new cladding until they are finished with the re-clad... The top floors of the tower haven't been cleaned since they started this whole process.

...So, This thing is going to be a heck of a lot shinier when they finally clean the tower next year.

:cool:

It looks like there's a tarp falling off to reveal the shiny tower underneath. Maybe a banana peel. Or a snake. Or a skyscraper strip tease.

Everytime FCP's caught my eye over the past few months, I can't help but think "world's largest condom."

fcpjly24a.jpg

fcpjly24b.jpg

This is one of the best project I have ever seen in Downtown Toronto! First Canadian Place, would look as brand new even tho it was built years ago - their claddings on buildings are amazing and is carefully chosen to brighten the financial district of Toronto. Most of the buildings are dark, while this would brighten along. Cant wait for their final completion!

The photos above showing half of the re-clad are really impressive. The green TD Canada Trust logo atop Brookfield Place reflects off of the east side of First Canadian Place at night, which it never did before. Would they not be cleaning this as they move down or wait to clean it all once it's complete? If it's yet to be cleaned this thing is really going to shine.

Although I think the only subtle and appealing aspect of the old design was lost when they redesigned the notched corners, ditching the marble cladding for a vitreous material that reflects the sky and nearbye buildings and therefore tones down the entire tower has given us a more appealing building over all - and one that finds an echo in the new Bay Adelaide tower.

FCP from NPS this afternoon

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

As US notes above, the TD Canada Trust lighting at Brookfield Place reflecting off the east side of FCP by night from my POV.

Looking up from Adelaide Street today.

Inside showing the remaining carpet. Have they stopped changing lightbulbs during the reno, or are those lights off off for some other reason?

Did they purposely start at the top and work their way down so that it would look that the whole building was done if you could only see the top?

It's more efficient that way. Had they gone from the bottom up, they'd have to wait until the whole project was complete to begin removing the elevator supports. This way they can complete the project as they go along.

Alright I'm just going to go ahead and say it... when this is completed it will be THE best looking modern office tower in North America. Sure the Chrysler building or Empire State Building might have some art deco thing going on if that turns you on, but in terms of clean simple modern design nothing beats this. Prove me wrong with pictures if you disagree.

Back