Toronto Festival Tower and tiff Lightbox | 156.96m | 42s | Daniels | KPMB

Oh come on. When you read 'Apocalypse' in conjunction with a thread on a construction project in Toronto, you know that the author is exaggerating for (comedic) effect. Either that or you're licking your own poison glands for too much effect.

I walked by today. What's with the ground level being all open and exposed on the King side?

It looks interesting, but it looks like it's all open, almost 100 feet back. I don't remember seeing this in the rending.

There is literally no ground floor on King.

It looks like its open because the ground floor exterior walls haven't been done yet. They're generally one of the last things to get done.

Sept 24

From York St
IMG_sept-24-09-0002.jpg

I agree. I was there myself on the weekend and it gives a nice feel to this stretch of King.

Here's a shot of Festival Tower Yesterday... It rained which sucked :mad:

Here's Festival Tower/Bell lightbox rising up...

3967229878_e3b6749a52_b.jpg

Photo by me: steveve

Enjoy :)

This project is filling out the area beautifully. Thanks for your amazing contributions to this site, steveve!

No problem :)

I spend most of my time on skyscraperpage but there are ALOT more people on the UT threads for Toronto... Starting to get the hang of UT :)... There are posts like every hour!

I love everything about this building -- except for its location. The 2 and 3 story buildings are completely over shadowed. There is no symmetry in the street wall. Lightbox completely overwhelms this successful strip.

It'll be curious to see how things will develop. To restore symmetry, there's no option to reduce the height of Lightbox so we need to address the other side of the street: Taller buildings will need to be developed behind the 2/3 story buildings fronting King.

Back