Toronto Festival Tower and tiff Bell Lightbox | 156.96m | 42s | Daniels | KPMB

Some of today's photos are a little fuzzy due to the smoggy conditions

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Festival by me steveve:

4572291241_252657b4fd_b.jpg

Festival from York:

Attachments

• Toronto shots and pool May 2010 010.jpg
    Toronto shots and pool May 2010 010.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 201
  • Toronto shots and pool May 2010 034.jpg
    Toronto shots and pool May 2010 034.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 233
  • Toronto shots and pool May 2010 011.jpg
    Toronto shots and pool May 2010 011.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 200
Amazing shot! ^^^ is that from Festival Tower! What a view!... RBC Centre looks SOO close! And you can actually see alot of trump tower! When trump is complete it will look killer in this view!:D

I doubt it. I just think he and a smaller group he represents in his ward just want the clubs gone.

That and the fact that it would do wonders to his future mayoral campaign out in the suburbs to be seen as the slayer of the club district.

The main issue is that, agree or not, he believes that the downtown core should be a peaceful family residential neighbourhood. I disagree with that view. It's further manifested in him saying that Downtown Toronto was an inappropriate place to host a major international event like the G20.

The club district is terrible for everyone, not only families. It's the most obnoxious place ever at times; these party brats (ostensibly from the suburbs) shouldn't be able to dominate entire neighbourhoods just for their debauchery. I don't think Vaughan is saying there should be no clubs in the whole city or something, but I think he wants to make there be less of a huge concentration of these clubs in one place.
And yes, downtown should be a good place to live for families, not only young people.

Amazing Panorama!!! :D I love how our skyline looks! (especially the ritz slanted roof)! This is among the few shots you can actually get your hands on that completely outlines the skyline like a piece of art! MLS really contributed to this view! And once Aura is built, things will be better than ever!

Back