Toronto Festival Tower and tiff Bell Lightbox | 156.96m | 42s | Daniels | KPMB

You sound quite happy Cal! ^^^ (and so am i :D)

Great update! The cladding is indeed lookin sick! the parking lot in the foreground has to go (and it probably will with the 2 proposed towers! :D)

Recent pics

4354463672_d94b58370a_b.jpg

4353718779_c9eeda9e7b_b.jpg

I'm thinking they are completing every other face of the building before the King Street facade so that they can keep their advertising up over the pedestrian walkway.

4354465146_692428514f_b.jpg

4354472212_b679b61665_b.jpg

4353721537_6f316e5bbf_b.jpg

The tower is indeed shaping up very nicely. Certainly, this is one of the rare instances of a project looking better in reality than shown in the renderings. Quality of construction materials does go a long way.

festivaltower1.jpg

(Ugh.)

^ But that is an unfair comparison. That render is clearly a twilight or nighttime shot, with interior lighting affecting the render as compared to Red Mars' daytime shots. Not really apples to apples comparison.

Not to mention, that artists are prone to taking license, in order to sell the project.

The black on the podium is lookin NICE! Some of the best lookin black i've seen :D!

That render of the mechanical box at the top makes me anxious! it adds a nice little touch to the other wise boxy tower... :)

Cal, with your new role as UT reporter, you should change your avatar to:

Kermit-Gustavojpgscaled500.jpg

Last edited:
The black on the podium is lookin NICE! Some of the best lookin black i've seen :D!

I was just thinking the exact same thing. Overall the lightbox has got to be the best poduim u/c in this city.
And the tower is looking better and better as they put up more of the balcony glass.

Awesome shot! What incredible density that continues to spread westward.

Last edited:
Great shot yyzer. You should consider putting that on Toronto's Wikipedia page. Call it "Toronto's South Western Renaissance".

more videos

[video=youtube;zauDLGKNO9o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zauDLGKNO9o[/video]

[video=youtube;UQXmXBhYDt4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQXmXBhYDt4[/video]

Caltrane's reallllyyyyy happy :D:D:D!

Great vid Cal! :) The balcony cladding is sweet! Can't wait to see more of it!

This building is lookin HUGE! (chunky AND tall!) wicked stuff happening!

Back