News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 331     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 2K     1 

Toronto FC

Massive 5-1 win for TFC over DC United, with 4 goals coming in extra time. Which also ends Wayne Rooney's MLS career.

Onwards to the conference semi-finals vs NYC FC on Wednesay Oct 23rd.

I spent half that match yelling about the next flight to England. Bye Rooney!

And what a win it was, TFC taking a 2-1 victory on the road in a tough Mercedes-Benz Stadium!

That Westberg save against Josef Martinez's penalty attempt was the greatest "Ball don't line" moment ever after that dive by the Atlanta United player.

That wasn't even a real attempt at a pen. Westberg did well though. He's been solid the last two months....which is probably why we're undefeated (save that joke championship final loss on penalties to (FCK) MTL in the last three months.

Well, they ran out of rabbits to pull out of the hat I guess. Still, quite surprising to see them get to another final ( third in four years ) after last season . Another win away from home would have been really remarkable. Great effort by TFC !

Obviously it would have been nice to have won, and we had our fair share of chances as well. But in the end, im not that upset, we had a really good run, won another eastern championship, and now have a full off-season of rest (finally)

No one's able to tell me the contract term. Which is probably because the idiots at management (and they are a bit football intelligence challenged) signed him for some nonsense length of time like 3 years.

Anything more than 2 is a stupid decision.
Bradley's starting to fade and may have 1 or 2 seasons of decent contribution left. After that, he'd be good for the occasional start and substitution in the 80'.

No one's able to tell me the contract term. Which is probably because the idiots at management (and they are a bit football intelligence challenged) signed him for some nonsense length of time like 3 years.

Anything more than 2 is a stupid decision.
Bradley's starting to fade and may have 1 or 2 seasons of decent contribution left. After that, he'd be good for the occasional start and substitution in the 80'.

Bradley has confirmed it's a 3 year extension. Fwiw, he also took a large pay cut which also opens up budget and a designated player spot towards bringing in someone new.

3 years!?!? Dickhead management. The only winner here is Bradley.

Let's hope their pending "big" signing is worthwhile.

I was about to correct you guys thinking it was 3 years, but I looked it up and yeah, 3 years with an option for a 4th

Option for 4th?!?!?!?! LOOOOOOOOOOL! They've lost their minds.

Typical. I guess I'm going into next season with the expectations I had of last season: finish above MTL in the standings. Can't believe we lost two cup finals last year. ?

It should have been a 1 season contract with an option for a 2nd. Bradley's fading fast.

Option for 4th?!?!?!?! LOOOOOOOOOOL! They've lost their minds.

Typical. I guess I'm going into next season with the expectations I had of last season: finish above MTL in the standings. Can't believe we lost two cup finals last year. ?

It should have been a 1 season contract with an option for a 2nd. Bradley's fading fast.

I mean considering the pay cut he took its not bad, there was no way he was worth $6.5 mil going into these next few years. If he can maintain at least 75% of his ability and athleticism for the next 3 years Ill consider it a win.

We shouldnt have lost the CanChamp, that was just dumb (we cant take penalties in finals to save our lives, 3 different cup finals all lost in penalties) we were the better team. And we were also the better team in Seattle for 60 odd minutes of that game.

Hopefully though this season will be awesome, Pozuelo finally gets a full season of rest, we're probably getting a new DP, and we dont have to worry about extra games from CCL

I mean considering the pay cut he took its not bad, there was no way he was worth $6.5 mil going into these next few years. If he can maintain at least 75% of his ability and athleticism for the next 3 years Ill consider it a win.

Hmmm......yeah, fair point.
However, there is no way he keeps his form at at least 75% for the next three years. One year, yeah. Two, maybe. Three? Maybe with a new training regime that is magical.

We shouldnt have lost the CanChamp, that was just dumb (we cant take penalties in finals to save our lives, 3 different cup finals all lost in penalties) we were the better team. And we were also the better team in Seattle for 60 odd minutes of that game.

Dude...my face when it went to pens v. MTL. ? I couldn't watch even though I knew what would happen....which did happen, of course.
The league cup final was just sad after that own goal went in, you could feel it all just implode. It was over that second.

Hopefully though this season will be awesome, Pozuelo finally gets a full season of rest, we're probably getting a new DP, and we dont have to worry about extra games from CCL
I'm pretty stoked about a fully rested Pozuelo. If he can really become like VV then we'll be looking good. I'm super stoked to see if Westberg can keep the form he had had the last three months of last season. That was exceptional.
No extra matches from CCL...until 2021 ;).

Back