News   Apr 26, 2024
 506     1 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 208     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 678     0 

Toronto FC

Well, Wednesday was not so much of a horror show. TFC still has their work cut out for them next week in Mexico. They have to play aggressively and get an early goal. TFC has a chance and I'm looking forward to the match!
Yeah, the difference in play between that first leg v Tigres and the league match was massive.
Not quite sure what went wrong v Columbus. I think Vanney was trying things with the squad and with all the new players it didn't quite work out. Here's hoping they stay true to form at MTL on Saturday!

.... so .... that was ouch. Squad looked really tired.

You reckon? That might explain why they were trying to play some sort of possession game which they did rather well....if we were up 2:0. The passes in the last third were pretty brutal and finishing was non-existent. They would make it to the top of the box and pass it back at almost every instance. I think they're still trying to sort out the play of all the new players in context of the existing squad, but Giovinco and Altidore looked like they were confused as to what they were supposed to be doing. I don't think these two bye weeks are of much help either. Next match is at home in two weeks, so hopefully they show up like they mean it.
You can see that the quality is there, they just aren't able to string it together properly.

Club America is going to be a huge test and is two matches away. Luckily the next two are at home so I'm hoping for the best.

Losing to MTL is always shit. ><

That was a beauty.

The pen was a fraud though.
The goal we conceded was some top level defensive fail.

The third goal though? Whaaaaat a set up! That was some A++ football.

Up the Reds!

Great game all around and continually impressed by the team play. Moore was a little slow but Vandervell played really well and so was Ashton. So happy for him on the goal. I was thinking of going but it was more comfortable watching at home.

...Vandervell...

Van Der Wiel

Yeah, he did play well. Looks like he's waking up and the same can be said for Aketxe after the RSL match last week. Looks like our new signings are starting to fit in. Auro's already got the hang of it.
I remember last season it took Vazquez a good month, plus to get into our system properly and look how that turned out. Van Der Wiel seems to be working better at CB than RWB but that might just be a function of him playing at that position the last two matches and the fact that he's starting to get into our team's rhythm.

It's looking good. Some of the technical play is getting to be seriously grimy.

I'm also super stoked for Morgan. His game has gotten much better this season and he looks like a very decent cover for Morrow. Assist on the Altidore goal last week and set up the play that he scored on last night. Big up yo chest, Ashtone!

The boys gotta give it all they can tonight, needing at least two goals to stand a chance. It's do-able. With the late start tonight (9:30 pm EDT), will it be the icing on the cake at the end of the City's Super Wednesday. (I miss the days when my housemates and I set up 4 tvs beside each other in our living room so that we wouldn't miss any action.)

Yeah, so I don't mind saying that I hit the gin after those pens.

What......a .......dammit, Delgado, 9 out of 10 times, that's in!

I still think the format for the CCL is idiotic. Two-legged final. No extra time. Get out of here with that rubbish.

Well, on to salvage the league! Up the Reds!

Tough to watch at the end but a part of me believes we can make it to the final next year. Hopefully we'll get a better draw and won't be worn out by the end of the tournament. Agreed on the idiocy of the rules.

Back