Toronto Fashion House | ?m | 12s | Freed | Core Architects

Reinvesting in an area known for clubbing! There are many other areas to live in if this vibe doesn't meet your requirements. You don't buy a place that borders the entertainment district and expect anything less. I have friends that live in this building and purchased their unit for this very reason - they are young foodies that definitely like the party scene. This area meets all their requirements.

It's like moving by Yonge and Dundas and complaining about noise. Ridiculous.

A reinvestment area doesn't automatically mean clubs. And while the Entertainment District is know for clubs, clubs don't define all what is entertainment in the area. It also doesn't grant an automatic pass to people or venue owners who decide to act poorly or break the law. To think otherwise is ridiculous. Moreover, Fashion House isn't even located in the Entertainment District.

As for your speaking on behalf of the area residents (of which I am one), people are generally not put off either by the restaurant scene and are used to noise values above what is to be expected in other residential areas. King-Spadina is "mixed-use residential" so residents are not a secondary component when it comes to any excesses found in the area. What you should also know is that a number of restauranteurs are put off by the excesses of the club scene (and note: I once again indicated "excesses"). Clubs and restaurants are not the same. That should be plainly obvious. Restaurants are inhabiting the retail space of many condos; clubs are not. I truly doubt that a club with a 1,000 person capacity and giant sound system would be allowed to do this. If you can find one example of this as a recent occurrence, I'd like to know.

If anything, residential intensification, growing office space and retail has been displacing many large clubs in the Entertainment District. The reason is quite simple: people don't move into the area for the nightclubs, they move in for many other reasons. Additionally, if an existing club or its patrons don't create any problems, they typically don't generate complaints. Your desire to grant a complete pass to all excess without exception goes far in showing no respect for the people who live in the area and who have invested in it.

22 July 2014: lotsa hotties out tonite omg--is every condo kid a fashion model here?
nnqVGro.jpg

WUkeWXc.jpg

94lBNYl.jpg

I like the contrast between old and new. I'm certain this will be the new hot spot for those young 20' something internet "models" and youtube "personalities". God Bless King West.

I was walking through the mid-block lane last night and noticed that two of the trees are already dead and that others look distressed. The water fountains seemed to be (sort of) working. The pillars are evidently popular dog peeing spots.

Welcome to the suburbs? The Keg is a great quality chain. Now if a Shoeless Joe's opened here, you might be correct with that statement.

The Keg isn't necessarily bad, but I'd say that's a pretty apt description. It's a safe choice for an area that's slowly turning more and more homogeneous and bland.

I wonder if all 3 floors of that brick building are for the keg? I've seen a two floor keg. I'd hope they'd have an elevator if your tables on the third floor.

I wonder if all 3 floors of that brick building are for the keg? I've seen a two floor keg. I'd hope they'd have an elevator if your tables on the third floor.

The second two floors are office. The Keg is just the first floor.

I wonder if that rooftop pool is generating any sales in extra building fobs like at 550 Wellington when it opened?

Back