Toronto Fashion House | ?m | 12s | Freed | Core Architects

Ok Gristle, I think we have a semantic disagreement. I wouldn't call any of those people hipsters - but I guess that just shows how mainstream the idea of hipsterdom has become today. It used to be fashionistas, to be sure, but we were all just poor and creative and certainly uninterested in anything like a club. UD is right about Ossington, Dundas, Bloor and now Roncesvalles, too. King west is for an older, richer, crowd that I wouldn't label a hipster. But I suppose the 'hipster' has always been a catch-all phrase that invited multi-usage. In any event, I dislike people defacing the property just as much as you!

I'm sure that what you or I think doesn't matter to them, and the labels don't really concern me either. I'd just prefer that they use the garbage cans and not use the neighbourhood as a trash bin.

Whatever the label, every food joint has its clientele, and on a scale of 'least likely to litter' to 'most likely to litter', judging by the amount of trash bearing it's name, Pizza Pizzas' clientele is highly likely to send it's trash sailing into the wind, probably so they can light their post-pizza smokes unfettered.

Last edited:
4 years later, 31 December 2011 am I staring at the future HR parking garage?

129hg.jpg

I think the Adelaide crane will be up well before spring. It looks like they're about to start digging out the pad very soon.

Yesterday after receiving the monthly newsletter from freed i checked out the site and it seemed that there wasn't any progress from the picture above that was taken one month ago.

Are they still on time with the occupancy date of spring 2013?

Attachments

• 2012-03-02_151842.jpg
    2012-03-02_151842.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Yesterday after receiving the monthly newsletter from freed i checked out the site and it seemed that there wasn't any progress from the picture above that was taken one month ago.

Are they still on time with the occupancy date of spring 2013?

A choice: If you are optimistic, 2013, but not Spring. Perhaps more realistic, Spring, but not 2013.

Back in December 2010, the original occupancy for the King building was scheduled to be around January 2013, the Adelaide building, the end of 2012. As false optimism rules in the development industry, I'd say very late spring 2013 for the Adelaide building. The King building is more like late summer 2013.

As you will have noted, the Adelaide building crane isn't even up yet (just over two weeks to spring). Excavation for that site isn't finished.

Last edited:
A choice: If you are optimistic, 2013, but not Spring. Perhaps more realistic, Spring, but not 2013.

Funniest analysis of a future-occupancy-date-while-still-ringing-true, ever!

Back