Toronto Fashion House | ?m | 12s | Freed | Core Architects

The Keg will extend back into the western ground floor wing of Fashion House. It's not just housed in the Silver Plate building alone. As you have noted, there are still more tenants to come in the building (and who knows, maybe another restaurant). My view was that I would have liked more diverse retail in the area. Personally speaking, I'm not a big fan of the Keg, so I admit that have a bias against that chain.

from today
2011001043.jpg

Pic taken Oct 25, 2011

yCFwa.jpg

Last edited:
A friend of mine who lives nearby tells me that they are behind due to the pit filling up periodically with rain water. Once the drainage and floor is in, they should be able to pick up the pace.

Last edited:
Took a peek into the excavation pit this morning. Looks like the digging for the King building is almost complete. Work has even started on the P3 level. This one will probably hit grade by February.

The franchise in question doesn't do the littering; it's the people who visit the store who do that. The worst times are the weekend nights when the drunken hipsters roll in to populate the area and attempt to turn it into their own private cesspool.

Gristle, I won't deny that it isn't Pizza Pizza's responsibility that its products end up on the ground (though could they provide more garbage cans?), but your suggestion that "hipsters" hang out on King West is laughable!

Any self respecting hipster hangs out on Queen West, Ossington, Parkdale, Dundas West, College, or Bloor - but never on King West. Perhaps you might be referring to a certain Jersey-Shoreque character on the street at some times, but please get the stereotypes straight.

Gristle, I won't deny that it isn't Pizza Pizza's responsibility that its products end up on the ground (though could they provide more garbage cans?), but your suggestion that "hipsters" hang out on King West is laughable!

Not being a hipster, I only go by what I see and hear, and this little stretch of King most definitely gets populated on the weekend nights by people who fashion themselves as hipsters. Even the big fat glossy King West magazine published by Peter Freed Inc. pays tribute to the overwhelming hipsterness of the area, and local clubs like Century Room, 1812, Cobra and Cheval spill over on how they are THE destinations for hipster clubbers. But whatever. My point is that even if there was a trash can on every corner, the herds of weekend fashion funsters would still toss whatever wherever, and feel free to vomit up their $200 bucks worth of drinks onto any portion of the sidewalk that they can aim at.

No, these folks aren't hipsters. They're just rich kids from FH, Lorne Park, Lawrence Park etc who think they're cool cuz they can spend $2000/night. They drag along their middle class employees/co workers...

The ultra cool hipsters hang out in Bloor and Ossington area bars these days. (Interestingly enough, also Roncevalles--some really hip new bars are opening up along the strip these past few months.)

Back