IMG_2702.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,502
  • IMG_2721.JPG
    IMG_2721.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,504
  • IMG_2729.JPG
    IMG_2729.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,506
I don't live in the city, so is there a vantage point that takes in both the ROM Crystal and this tower ? There is a quite a range of architectural styles along this strip of Bloor.

I love the streetscape that's emerging on the north side of Bloor between Avenue and Bedford. The low skyscrapers create a streetscape that's imposing and metropolitan. But it still has plenty of light and architectural variety.

Does anyone know if the glass panels on the bottom of the upper cube, will be lit at night? Why else would they put glass panels there?

I hope it is a light feature. It will make that top cube stand out much more.

Sorry, this building is definitely destroying the background of Queens park for ever.
What a terrible monstrosity Glass slab with no architectural merit hiding behind one of the best buildings in Canada.

There should be a petition to tear it down immediately, what a bummer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The yellow crane to take down the crane is parked on Bloor outside the ROM, mostly extended still, and looks like a contemporary art Brontosaurus sculpture.

From today.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 614
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    936.1 KB · Views: 606
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    886.2 KB · Views: 604
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    839.2 KB · Views: 691
The shifting volumes are interesting, but the facade looks like it's missing something. The balcony railings are plain and boring. The repeating horizontal lines of solid white balcony railings from top to bottom strike me as heavy handed and austere.

Back