Toronto Evergreen Brick Works | ?m | ?s | Evergreen | DTAH

Those gotta be moved out before they clear cut everything! :(

Those gotta be moved out before they clear cut everything! :(

Beavers don't eat/use/cut down every kind of tree, several species would not get touched, especially mature specimens.

As I noted in my post, trees the City/TRCA have deemed to be of value and at risk, have been caged.

The cottonwoods that have been cut seeded in on their own and are aggressive, they will be back in no time.

Currently there are no plans to relocate the beaver family, the belief is they will relocate for winter as the Brickworks has insufficient resources for their winter needs.

The issue of encouraging a move will be revisited in January if they haven't moved on their own.

Beavers don't eat/use/cut down every kind of tree, several species would not get touched, especially mature specimens.

As I noted in my post, trees the City/TRCA have deemed to be of value and at risk, have been caged.

The cottonwoods that have been cut seeded in on their own and are aggressive, they will be back in no time.

Currently there are no plans to relocate the beaver family, the belief is they will relocate for winter as the Brickworks has insufficient resources for their winter needs.

The issue of encouraging a move will be revisited in January if they haven't moved on their own.
If you say the City and that have got this under control (and if the fact they do), then I'll accept that for now. Of little I know about this Rodentia species, I do know they can alter environments they abode in rather drastically. I just don't want to go down there in one of my Summer walk to find out those said species have turned our Bricksworks marsh lands into that golf course in Mar-a-Lago. >.<

That said though and begging the question: How on Earth did they get down there in the first place? The last thing I would do as a beaver is traipse all the way to some person made marsh in a middle of a dense city.

If you say the City and that have got this under control (and if the fact they do), then I'll accept that for now. Of little I know about this Rodentia species, I do know they can alter environments they abode in rather drastically. I just don't want to go down there in one of my Summer walk to find out those said species have turned our Bricksworks marsh lands into that golf course in Mar-a-Lago. >.<

That said though and begging the question: How on Earth did they get down there in the first place? The last thing I would do as a beaver is traipse all the way to some person made marsh in a middle of a dense city.

Beavers are common in the lower Don River; there are at least a couple of dozen beaver families in the City.

Walk down by the lower Humber near Scarlett some time and you'll see all the tree cages.

I saw one up by the north Humber last winter (not far from the Arboretum.

Beavers are present in the Humber, the Don, Mimico Creek, Highland Creek and the Rouge.

I haven't seen any Etobicoke Creek but it wouldn't surprise me.

From the Outdoor Ontario Forum, Toronto Wildlife thread, a shot of a beaver in Toronto......

1607351114591.png

Poster: Ally
Location Pine Point Park (Humber at 401)
June 2020

Here just a report of someone out walking noting Beavers near Riverdale Park

...oh well, they were already here. And everything got built up around them. I should have figured that out from the get go. >.<

Back