Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

Why can't we get something in this color Green at the South Core?

That would be quite refreshing from all those sterile gray glasses .....

Until you see the cladding going up, do not make any assumptions that it will look anything like the renderings. If we go by past experience, Bazis is very misleading with their renderings, especially when it comes to colour. In fact, don't be surprised if it turns out to be grey spandrel on grey window frames. Sure, it would be crazy but not surprising at all.

It may end up being greenish spandrel similar to what is being used at the Library District Condos at CP. The rendering at the top of the page appears to show a few different shades of green spandrel. I am hoping the glass is also tinted green, but I am not optimistic.

May 4
8716567877_ac5cf6ce2d_b.jpg

8716566765_62912c179d_b.jpg

8717713734_6348e16e6f_b.jpg

8716564791_10fd3b44d8_b.jpg

Bazis placed updates on their website. I like the non-boxy lines of the podium. Some of the images:

IMG_2779.jpg

IMG_2780.jpg

While their progress expectations in the past were too high in relation to what they actually managed to complete, here is a new plan:

Speaking of goals, we are hoping to have the entire 4th floor poured by the end of the month, including the swimming pool. We are also hoping to be at typical by the end of July. The building becomes typical after the 5th floor, and our goal is to complete one floor per building per week once we reach that level.

Last edited:
one floor per building per week seems a bit aggressive... is that normal pace for most condos?

Yes,... generally one floor per week in terms of pouring cement.

That's what happend with the south tower of Tridel Hullmark Centre,... it took about a week for each floor. They topped out last month,... but are still adding windows, balcony, dry wall, flooring, interior finishes, etc,... Even now, only about the first 10 floors of that condo tower interior is done. Likely finish entire building about 6 months after top out.

I dont understand the slant, how it works and how safe it is... i mean its like a air scoop. and how will they make the windows curve like how its shown in the renderings on Emerald Park Condos.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back