Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

:) my time machine makes me proud... Thanks for noticing, I changed it back.

Hmmm,... so that's how you're able to afford those expensive geothermo and solar panel systems for your house,... using your one day time machine to figure out the next day's winning lottery numbers! ;P

I heard LCBO just signed up to be a retailer in the building.

Hmmmm,.... question becomes - so who bailed?

Originally major bank branch and Starbucks on first floor with Yonge frontage,.... T&T was 2nd floor supermarket tenant,... and first floor PacificMall like retail store (small glass cubical-like stores) sold out like hotcakes to Asian mom&pop businesses thinking they'll be anchored by T&T.

Retail was all sold out,... then Loblaws' T&T bailed because Bazis was taking too long,... and second floor supermarket space was taken by Metro. If LCBO is moving in,... unless LCBO is doing another small useless LCBO shop like their shop at EmpressWalk,... most LCBO stores require quite a bit of retail space. Is Metro not taking up the entire second floor retail space? (the old Metro-Dominion-Miracle store at the current HullmarkCentre site was never busy) Or did first floor retailers bail in drove as word spread that T&T bailed? Do most of the first floor retailers even know T&T already bailed???

If LCBO is moving in,... they must be taking up some of the 2nd floor space with Metro.

LCBO... meh. There is already a well-stocked LCBO at Bayview Village, and the smaller sized LCBO at Empress Walk.

I still think the loss of T&T is a devastating loss to the commercial success of this development. The draw of T&T is almost immeasurable. Every T&T I've been to has always busy, so much so that many people I know purposely avoid T&T because they loathe even trying to find a parking spot. Place a T&T along two major subway lines and off a major highway, and that place would be an astronomical success.

On the other hand, Metro at the old location (where Hullmark currently resides), was pretty much a dead store, and I don't see that much changing when it opens up at Emerald Park.

LCBO... meh. There is already a well-stocked LCBO at Bayview Village, and the smaller sized LCBO at Empress Walk.

I still think the loss of T&T is a devastating loss to the commercial success of this development. The draw of T&T is almost immeasurable. Every T&T I've been to has always busy, so much so that many people I know purposely avoid T&T because they loathe even trying to find a parking spot. Place a T&T along two major subway lines and off a major highway, and that place would be an astronomical success.

On the other hand, Metro at the old location (where Hullmark currently resides), was pretty much a dead store, and I don't see that much changing when it opens up at Emerald Park.
On a side note, with talks about Cineplex moving up to Empress Walk, and Riocan gutting the existing theatre floor (at Sheppard Centre) for "shops", it makes you think if they could turn that space into a T&T.

T&T, Metro, and Whole foods in 20m of each other, with Loblaws maybe half a KM to the north ... seems a little much ....

T&T, Metro, and Whole foods in 20m of each other, with Loblaws maybe half a KM to the north ... seems a little much ....
And I'm kind of surprised Sobeys hasn't yet opened any store in the NYCC area.

I would rather see a Sobeys here than another Metro. Was the Metro on Church St always there or was that just a temporary relocation due to their displacement from the Hullmark site?

April 17
8661510914_958e0a78c7_b.jpg

8661513272_05c9452586_b.jpg

8660464281_ee71db8a1e_b.jpg

An offical confirmation that it will be Metro and not T&T store:

We’re pleased to finally confirm that grocery giant Metro will occupy second storey retail space at Emerald Park. Metro is designing a state-of-the-art unique store for this location and the design will be completely unlike anything you’ve seen at other Metro stores.

Metro-Ground-Shot.1.jpg

I am not sure what they mean by a unique design, we'll see... They also mentioned that they will announce more confirmed retailers in the next few weeks. LCBO I guess?

Back