Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

great photos, this thing looks better and better every time I see it. Looks like the west tower is just about topped off, all that's left is the remainder of the curve to be constructed (out of steel maybe?)

It's the colour of a motherboard. It seems like someone in 1981's vision of what the future would look like. (Which would technically make them right)

Are you kidding? I wish AURA was cladded that green .... and the rectangular portion round-edged .... It would have been a heck of a masterpiece !!!

yep, Aura would look great in that green. Now it is just one of those greys.

This thing looks like a train-wreck. Some folks around here dish out points just because they see colour, but that green spandrel is absolutely horrendous.

Very much disagree, I think it'll age better than the majority of seafoam green/spandrel blue/grey condos going up around the city. This one will at least stand out among a very grey city.

Very much disagree, I think it'll age better than the majority of seafoam green/spandrel blue/grey condos going up around the city. This one will at least stand out among a very grey city.

Cartainly hope so. I hated the green when I first saw it, but from Mafaldaboy's pics, seeing it altogether somehow makes it look better.

Also, (and I don't know whether this was intentional) but in MB's last two photos, the green looks much more emerald-ish thanks to the reflection from the neighbouring towers.

Green is a difficult colour to work with in design. Some shades of green, particularly darker shades (but not olive) have psychological associations of wealth but also greed and elitism. Those shades of green often get negative reactions from people when used in fashion and design. The green on Emerald Park is getting a lot of negative reactions, but green works better on Library District. Both light and dark shades are used on LD's podium, but the light shades are the focal points among the stripes.

About an hour ago:

55Gt9kP.jpg

image: Zach Finn/Jack Landau

Back