Toronto Eighty One Wellesley | 97.53m | 28s | Aragon Properties | Core Architects

A "sold" sign appeared on the sign last week, hopefully to a quality developer.

Drove by this site yesterday and noticed a development proposal sign. I'm not sure if this is the proposal, but this is what I found from the application info centre:

81 WELLESLEY ST E

Applications for an Official Plan Amendment and a Zoning By -Law Amendment to permit a 28 storey mixed use building, with a height of 95.7 m., comprising of 182 residential dwelling units with a total gross floor area of 15,033 sq.m. (14,897 sq.m. residential and 136 sq.m. non-residential at grade). A total of 69 vehicular parking spaces and 237 bicycle parking spaces are proposed in 4 below grade levels.

Type
OPA & Rezoning

Number: 13 225676 STE 27 OZ

Date Submitted: Aug 23, 2013

The sign up on site is for an unrelated project by the same developer.

? makes no sense. why would a developer put up an application sign on one site for another unrelated property?

The sign you quoted above from my post is for a project from the same developer in the Lansdowne & Bloor area. The sign posted that androiduk reported is from the City, a Development Proposal sign.

The sign you quoted above from my post is for a project from the same developer in the Lansdowne & Bloor area. The sign posted that androiduk reported is from the City, a Development Proposal sign.

I'm not really following what you're saying either....

I think you confused my initial post about the development sign I reported seeing on the site... it wasn't for another project, like the other user noted, why would a developer put up an application sign on a site for an unrelated project.. perhaps I didn't use the correct jargon.

In any event, it's interesting to see that they are going for the same height as the previous proposal, which was shot down! Church St./the village is definitely changing!

I think you confused my initial post about the development sign I reported seeing on the site... it wasn't for another project, like the other user noted, why would a developer put up an application sign on a site for an unrelated project.. perhaps I didn't use the correct jargon.

Judging from the photo below (courtesy of The Toronto Blog), there is both an application sign and billboard that does in fact show a development for another location. The advertisement shows Aragon's "Enigma Lofts" in the Bloor West neighbourhood. I guess that's where all the confusion stems from.

81-Wellesley-Street-East-Toronto-on-November-22-2013-518-IMG_4063.jpg

81-Wellesley-East-development-proposal-sign-518-px-IMG_4057.jpg

I'm not really following what you're saying either....

Sign for a project at Lansdown & Bloor, posted at 81 Wellesley -

Separate Development Proposal sign posted at 81 Wellesley for the 81 Wellesley project -

... I feel like I'm watching Mulholland Dr. or something... my initial post, which revived this thread, was about seeing an application sign on the site (your second photo).. I then pasted what information I could glean from the city's website.... I wasn't sure whether or not it was the sign I saw (as it was my first time posting something like that on this forum). I never referred to the MASSIVE billboard advertising Enigma lofts...I've been well aware of the billboard as it is pretty difficult to miss while driving on Wellesley.

... I feel like I'm watching Mulholland Dr. or something... my initial post, which revived this thread, was about seeing an application sign on the site (your second photo).. I then pasted what information I could glean from the city's website.... I wasn't sure whether or not it was the sign I saw (as it was my first time posting something like that on this forum). I never referred to the MASSIVE billboard advertising Enigma lofts...I've been well aware of the billboard as it is pretty difficult to miss while driving on Wellesley.

Like Mulholland Dr. we're all a little confused here. Looks like I started it. Thanks for the post about the application sign, no thanks to me for mixing everything up! :)

http://ward27news.ca/events/february-24-81-wellesley-street-community-consultation

February 24 – 81 Wellesley Street Community Consultation
Date: Monday, February 24, 2014; 6:30 p.m. – 9 p.m.

Location: St. Joseph College School (cafeteria), 77 Wellesley Street West

Official Plan Amendment and Zoning By-law Amendment applications have been submitted for the property located at 81 Wellesley Street East to permit a 28-storey residential building with ground floor retail. The development would include 182 residential units, with a total of 69 parking spaces in a 4-level underground parking garage. Vehicles would enter the site from Wellesley Street East and exit off of the public lane at the back of the site. A garbage staging area is proposed at the back of the building adjacent to the public lane.

The Official Plan Amendment application has been submitted to remove the site from the Site and Area Specific Policy 155, which covers the Church Street Village area, and requires new development to be compatible with existing residential uses nearby and conform to the low rise scale of existing development.

The Zoning By-law Amendment application has been submitted to establish site specific development standards related to height, setbacks, parking, among other standards, in order to permit the proposed development on the site.

To speak to the planner directly, contact

Mark Chlon, at 416-397-1761 or mchlon@toronto.ca.

You may also contact Councillor Kristyn Wong-Tam, Ward 27, at (416) 392-7903 or councillor_wongtam@toronto.ca.

Is CORE still associated with this project? These renderings seem different than the ones posted previously in this thread.

81-well-1.jpg

81-well-2.jpg

Are they still going for 29 storeys? That render looks a lot shorter.

Back