Toronto eCondos | 195.67m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

E Condo model, tweeted by @talkcondo...

Au9MLQgCEAEXOKS.jpg

so the smaller tower has decreased in height- some article was saying 35 stories for the second- the model shows 40 stories for the smaller tower

Our article said 38 storeys for the shorter tower. The two top ones in the model are mechanical floors (which we don't count in our totals).

Nice tower, i like the design but i believe a mixed use development would be more appropriate for this site.

I feel that there should be office spce included in this project and it would only make the project and area more dynamic.

I fact, if they included office space, they would likey have no complaints about height from the city.

This is just another example of a developer building something to line his own pockets (i.e. removing the risk of office space) without regard to the development of the area.

I would like to see the city adopt some form of zoning that encourages or enforces the inclusion of office space in certain key sites.

Agree some office space would be nice. The area is already quite saturated though, and they wouldn't want to build anything less than Class A space at this location. Yonge/Eg is nice, but I don't think office rents are very high. Risky proposition.

Also RioCan's office is across the street. I'm sure if they saw an opportunity to make more money from leasing office space than selling residential condos, they would have taken it.

Minto provided office space in Midtown, and I understand demand for it was not high.

The TTC is intentionally holding on to the land ... nothing comical about it ...
It is going to be used for a storage area for the Eglinton LRT project.

If you back a couple years ago 5 / 6 they were fairly close to selling it, there's a detailed plan for the area. Until the LRT was announced.

I dont know about that.......looks like something is brewing for that southwest site....http://goo.gl/maps/3s6y6

Housing market demand depends on location
With the new Crosstown LRT to be completed by 2020, the Yonge-Eglinton node will have the best public transportation of any area in the entire city
The area also benefits from great retail, office, services and restaurants and there are several projects in planning, including ours, which will increase the retail offering tremendously with even the talk of a major shopping centre to be developed on the southwest corner of the intersection.
More: http://www.montrealgazette.com/busi...nds+location/7048983/story.html#ixzz22rQGsuup

I'm very much inclined to believe they have no idea what they're talking about ...

The plan for the area, developed a few years ago clearly dictates the land use.

Maybe they're confusing it with the RIOCAN expansion of the Yonge Eglinton center ? Which seems like it'll never start ....

Does anyone know what's going on with this project? There hasn't been any chatter for over a month, is the project on hold, or just not much interest in it anymore?

Does anyone know what's going on with this project? There hasn't been any chatter for over a month, is the project on hold, or just not much interest in it anymore?

It's currently in sales. Depending on who you ask things are going well or just ok (in which case it'll take a while to hit the coveted 70-75%). Time will tell. Most will agree that prices are quite hefty.

Gone are the days (for now) when these things were launching and hitting 70-80% sold in such a short time period. Will be interesting to see how the market responds to the next mega project to launch, Harbour Residences.

It's currently in sales. Depending on who you ask things are going well or just ok (in which case it'll take a while to hit the coveted 70-75%). Time will tell. Most will agree that prices are quite hefty.

Gone are the days (for now) when these things were launching and hitting 70-80% sold in such a short time period. Will be interesting to see how the market responds to the next mega project to launch, Harbour Residences.

First-time home buyers were hit pretty hard with the change in ammortization rules. changing from 30 to 25 years significantly raises their monthly payment. I suspect that this will have a big impact on all new condo projects. Additional changes to reduce equity lines of credit coming this fall will impact the average investor too.

Wow. My estimation of the significance of this project has just gone up quite a bit. The models look great, and yes, the skinniness of the shorter tower? Completely unexpected and quite exciting.

Great comment too Generic: at least we have Ãce in Southcore to push the envelope a bit.

Back