Toronto Eau du Soleil Condos | 227.98m | 66s | Empire | Richmond Architects

I'm not sure what it is you are trying to criticize with this building. I pass by it daily and I am impressed every day with how well it is coming along. I don't see any misaligned parts or dents in the balcony cladding. There are still unfinished parts around the corners and the vertical stripes. But that is just what it is - unfinished. Considering how much trouble they seem to have with installing the balcony cladding, I wouldn't be surprised that it takes a while to fill in all the gaps. But if I was sure of one building deserving of a "wait until it's finished" argument, this building is the one. Just wait until it is fully finished and be amazed by it.
Wait and see ? That cladding will forever be a problem for two reasons —1. Poor quality you can see already how it is dented. What happens when a piece falls off ?? Which it will seeing how poor the installation looks already. Check the side of the building that is unfinished? Obviously there is a problem and they are waiting to get it resolved from the contractors. Will wait and see ??
2. Empire doesn’t execute a building with a good plan with quality and pride. If you look at quality at Beyond the Seas and The Fly downtown you can visibily see the lack of pride in these buildings. Build it cheap it will forever look that way !! This will be the ultimate story of Soleil. Yes this is sad when builders like Empire are more concerned about their profitability rather than pride in executing a potentially fabulous building. So we will Wait and see ....

5 posts in the last few months all thrashing this project - despite having a log-in for 9 years - what's your other log-in?

Wait and see ? That cladding will forever be a problem for two reasons —1. Poor quality you can see already how it is dented. What happens when a piece falls off ?? Which it will seeing how poor the installation looks already. Check the side of the building that is unfinished? Obviously there is a problem and they are waiting to get it resolved from the contractors. Will wait and see ??
2. Empire doesn’t execute a building with a good plan with quality and pride. If you look at quality at Beyond the Seas and The Fly downtown you can visibily see the lack of pride in these buildings. Build it cheap it will forever look that way !! This will be the ultimate story of Soleil. Yes this is sad when builders like Empire are more concerned about their profitability rather than pride in executing a potentially fabulous building. So we will Wait and see ....

I think you are being overly critical. I think we would all like to see the cladding run flush with the balconies, but other than that I notice no glaring issues. Do you honestly believe a piece will just fall off? Be serious here.

Your biggest gripe is that is is half-finished. This is how building construction works. I doubt there is any problem, as there are no recent delays for EDS (i.e. occupancy). You are making issues where there are none.

so.....nobody knows.... or can tell me what retail /commercial/ stores is going into the bottom of EDS? other than I think one proposed restaurant....?

Back