Toronto Eau du Soleil Condos | 227.98m | 66s | Empire | Richmond Architects

22bd5eb9-5b9e-4eaa-a9e9-34f1ff3da89f_zpswu4hcjgu.jpg

dd9634bb-c4d6-41fb-988f-fa9c643a4061_zpsrwizyc4z.jpg

Eau de Soleil is going to be a great anchor for this area. Sure there's some monotony but being right on some beautiful park space and the lake certainly makes this space look even better. Many cities would kill for a core like this!

Sept 12
More up on site
36933295670_e024d78572_b.jpg

37158051502_eda9dd0b73_b.jpg

37158055952_e26d1de5bb_b.jpg

36933304420_d23103d468_b.jpg

37158096452_c97df33d07_b.jpg

37158099552_0b1714765b_b.jpg

36517869363_ceb2634865_b.jpg

37187989221_bb2b8fa1f4_b.jpg

37188011551_1b5e23457d_b.jpg

37140166766_4d4a902bd7_b.jpg

37188027171_dccc8f72d2_b.jpg

37188028991_3108b03df3_b.jpg

Are you sure about that?

We're incredibly lucky with the little pockets we have in Toronto. Lakeshore area alone would be a great core for some cities but like many mentioned it's just one of many in our city. In San Francisco we have downtown but you go anywhere else in the whole Bay Area and there is little to no clusters of towers. Same could be said for LA, Montreal, Pittsburgh, Philly etc. They may not be the AAA work we see in Europe or key towers in large cities but we also have a Norman Foster supertall, a Gehry supertall-ish and some other great projects on the go!

We're incredibly lucky with the little pockets we have in Toronto. Lakeshore area alone would be a great core for some cities but like many mentioned it's just one of many in our city. In San Francisco we have downtown but you go anywhere else in the whole Bay Area and there is little to no clusters of towers. Same could be said for LA, Montreal, Pittsburgh, Philly etc. They may not be the AAA work we see in Europe or key towers in large cities but we also have a Norman Foster supertall, a Gehry supertall-ish and some other great projects on the go!

Core? Humber Bay Shores is all residential with cheap window wall and even cheaper design thrills. I've travelled. I'm not impressed by what I what see here. It's just tall. I understand height is very important to some but, not to me. Canada is chock full of suburban high rise nodes. Suburban Vancouver has around a dozen of these nodes with better scale, better architecture and, better mix of commercial/residential. Most are connected to Skytrain and the remaining few will be soon. Even those don't really impress me.

Core? Humber Bay Shores is all residential with cheap window wall and even cheaper design thrills. I've travelled. I'm not impressed by what I what see here. It's just tall. I understand height is very important to some but, not to me. Canada is chock full of suburban high rise nodes. Suburban Vancouver has around a dozen of these nodes with better scale, better architecture and, better mix of commercial/residential. Most are connected to Skytrain and the remaining few will be soon. Even those don't really impress me.

Canada is chock full of suburban highrise nodes...? hm.

As it happens, I just moved to Humber Bay Shores after almost fourteen years in an idyllic location in Vancouver. The Greater Vancouver area does indeed have several suburban high rise nodes, though "chock full" is characteristic hyperbole, even with respect to Vancouver, let alone other Canadian cities. Preferences are, of course, personal and I have no intention of running down neighbourhoods in my former home. I will only say that we are, so far, very happy with our choice in Toronto.

Better scale? better Architecture? you need glasses...Vancouver is full of short duplicates...

Back