Toronto Eau du Soleil Condos | 227.98m | 66s | Empire | Richmond Architects

Wow they must be desperate, it was in every issue of the Saturday star as well ! ... what a waste of paper ! It was stunning though ... and huge ! Probably 1M long by half a meter.

I actually wonder how sales are going. I heard the VIP sales sold most of the building.

Sales are going well, but most of the building? Nah.

Meanwhile, as you will see in the thread title, the towers are now 44 and 66 storeys tall. More soon.

If 5 years ago someone would have said there will be a 66-storey condo this far from downtown, we all would have laughed. Crazy times.

We are eagerly awaiting the high-res version of the above!

I guarantee that this, if it ever gets built, will be an aesthetic disaster.

If the rendering looks this incoherent and sloppy, I can't imagine how messy the facade details will be. Or the circulation, the traffic, the street-facing elements..

Based on this recent photo, I agree with you, however once the surrounding building exist, they will steal a lot of the eds' thunder.

Demolition has commenced at the motel on site...interesting quote would almost indicate the towers will be 72S and 50S...

Empire has a proposal before the city to build two condo towers in its place: one 66 storeys, the other 44 storeys, both atop a six-storey podium. One building is planned to have 750 units, the other 535 units. Ground floor commercial units will be located along Marine Parade Drive with commercial and public parking along Lake Shore.

http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-story/1315239-final-farewell-bid-to-iconic-lakeshore-motel-strip/

Based on this recent photo, I agree with you, however once the surrounding building exist, they will steal a lot of the eds' thunder.

There will be no new buildings directly to the west of this.

Of course not, however, it will be surrounded by many buildings in other directions.

I guarantee that this, if it ever gets built, will be an aesthetic disaster.

If the rendering looks this incoherent and sloppy, I can't imagine how messy the facade details will be. Or the circulation, the traffic, the street-facing elements..

This project looks great - I have to assume you skipped your meds today - this is a very good looking project. I cant (or don't want) to know what would appeal to you.

Back