Toronto Eau du Soleil Condos | 227.98m | 66s | Empire | Richmond Architects

I uh, hope this gets some heavy revision. I'm getting a serious 70's Montreal vibe.

I know it's only a preliminary design, but I think it suffers from not knowing how to blend elements. The podium to me seems confused about how it's going to become the tower portion in a fluent manner that makes sense, so its decided that it'll try to blend right into the tower in a rather lazy way. We see the same thing at the top, where it seems that it has this wild idea of a sloping roof and needs to find a way for it to make any sense with the tower portion. There's "balconies" that extend right up to the tip of the tower on the left. I assume those are fake balconies used to try and join the tip with the tower, but it fails in my opinion.

The whole thing feels like it was a 2-day design job and a few more for the render.

I hope this one sees some revisions to it.

Bizarre name for the building but looks pretty cool. It will stand out from the rest of them in that area--kind of like a book-end along with Palace Pier. I wish they would find a way to make it into more of a neighbourhood.

It's looking as if they're going to use the old motel as a sales office judging from the work that's being done on the exterior.

Automation Gallery- Isn't EDS the last project @ HBS?

Automation Gallery- Isn't EDS the last project @ HBS?

If/when they redevelop the Mr. Christie's site there could be some tall buildings there so that the penthouses can see over the tall buildings south of Lakeshore.

Also -- there's a piece of land on the northeast corner of the Palace Pier site, north of the parking lot, that looks big enough to hold another tower. If I remember correctly it is also not well maintained like the rest of the PP grounds. It wouldn't get great lake views except for floors above the Palace Pier, but it looks like it would still have a clear siteline to the Toronto skyline. Unless there's something I don't know about this site I could see them trying to build big here once the rest of HBS south of Lakeshore is built up. For that matter, there's even room for another tower on the southwest corner of the PP site, but that one would mess up a lot of views.

The Bay Shores in total beast mode right now. That Storage Depot and Polish Alliance Hall a little further west along Lakeshore would also be prime locations for redevelopments.

Also -- there's a piece of land on the northeast corner of the Palace Pier site, north of the parking lot, that looks big enough to hold another tower. If I remember correctly it is also not well maintained like the rest of the PP grounds. It wouldn't get great lake views except for floors above the Palace Pier, but it looks like it would still have a clear siteline to the Toronto skyline. Unless there's something I don't know about this site I could see them trying to build big here once the rest of HBS south of Lakeshore is built up.

I believe the City or Conservation Authority owns that land. Anyone know for sure?

30k-45k people will call HBS home when this condo-building frenzy comes to an inevitable close. I assume this will make it one of the densest parts of the city; with the traffic volume to boot.

Hey, can't fault a whole community of drivers when all you're offered is a derelict streetcar! Plus, all the condos come with parking, some of the older ones (Palace Pier/Place, Grand Harbour, Marina Del Rey) come with two! This is truly the land of the car, TTC be damned. Lakeshore/Gardiner will be clogged from downtown to Mississauga when this community has settled.

I'm on the committee steered by councillor Grimes to save the 145 Express bus. The forever-myopic TTC has decided we don't need it. I think the 6 people standing on my bus this morning beg to differ.

Back