News   Apr 25, 2024
 167     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 412     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Toronto Eaton Centre

Saw a Teavana sign where Baskin Robbins used to be. Now that they're owned by Starbucks, I expect they will be opening up all over the place.

Saw a Teavana sign where Baskin Robbins used to be. Now that they're owned by Starbucks, I expect they will be opening up all over the place.

I really fear that the Toronto Eaton Centre would end up just like Springfield Mall in the Simpsons, in which every store is a Starbucks (the episode in question is Simpson Tide). /joke

I really fear that the Toronto Eaton Centre would end up just like Springfield Mall in the Simpsons, in which every store is a Starbucks (the episode in question is Simpson Tide). /joke

I always thought every other store in the Eaton Centre was an Aldo. There are 3 Aldos (and Aldos Accessories, I think), Call It Spring, 2 Little Burgundys, and there used to be 2 Feet First. All are Aldo brands.

Eaton Centre - future changes?

Does anybody know what is being built in the old south food court? Work does seem to be underway. I was wondering if it would be a large Marche or big box retail.

And what's up with the hall to Marks and Canadian Tire? It has temporary walling on the south side as if something else was going to be built but they were waiting for a retailer. Anybody know what the plan is?

And what's up with the hall to Marks and Canadian Tire? It has temporary walling on the south side as if something else was going to be built but they were waiting for a retailer. Anybody know what the plan is?
I've always wondered what's going on with that hallway. It feels very temporary, like the Skywalk from Union to Rogers Centre.

I've always wondered what's going on with that hallway. It feels very temporary, like the Skywalk from Union to Rogers Centre.

It's kind of an odd space. If you're headed to Canadian Tire or Mark's, it's essential, but it's not exactly prime space--and I think the Skywalk resemblance is telling. I remember when there were actually shops on the Skywalk, back in its early days when the Jays were so huge. Used to be more restaurants in Union Station, too. All pretty much faded out at least ten years ago.

I wonder how much space is back there. The old theatres were there so it should be fairly substantial. Perhaps they're saving it for another big box tenant such as a Target?

I don't think there's much at all, I thought I recall peeking back sometime.

I don't think there's much at all, I thought I recall peeking back sometime.

I always thought that space was part of the Joey's basement? Or is my geography off?

I'm pretty sure those spaces aren't very deep. There's the parking garage behind them if I'm not mistaken.

That's correct. Not certain why Cadillac Fairview built those spaces, maybe they thought they'd get some small scale retail associated with Ryerson's business school. Regardless, my working assumption is that Cadillac Fairview will redevelop the old "Dundas Mall' space again once (not if) they get rid of Sears Canada, and that the corridor would be addressed in some manner, likely involving H&M's footprint.

Leasing plan shows little if no space: http://www.cfretail.com/FloorPlans/TECOP03_floorplan.pdf

I think you're right Toronto1 - when Sears closes CF could create a proper east/west Dundas Mall in that area. The other wasted space is the area between Joey's and the business school entrance. Again all of this could be re-oriented when/if Sears vacates their space.

Back