News   Oct 26, 2020
 840     1 
News   Oct 26, 2020
 636     0 

Toronto Eaton Centre

deerparker

Member Bio
Reaction score
Haight & Ashbury will be moving into the former Gerry Weber space. I'm still not sure what's going on with their former location where Mexx used to be. Perhaps Le Chateau will be expanding into that space?
Le Chateau at Eaton Centre needs a revamp. The store design is outdated and misaligned with their current branding.

donoreo

Member Bio
Reaction score
Le Chateau at Eaton Centre needs a revamp. The store design is outdated and misaligned with their current branding.
Probably just waiting for lease renewal. Most retail stores renovate when the lease is renewed, it is for "accounting purposes" so that they can spread the cost of the renovation monthly, yearly, etc, across the term of the lease. In other words it looks good on paper.

GKW

Member Bio
Reaction score
The Big It Up hat shop on the first level has closed. Not sure if they are doing renovations or not but the entire space was cleared out and empty today.

soundmuseum

Member Bio
Reaction score
The Big It Up hat shop on the first level has closed. Not sure if they are doing renovations or not but the entire space was cleared out and empty today.
I think it's closed down. Their website currently only lists the Etobicoke Head Office and Square One locations, though the Eaton Centre store still shows up as a link on the map below.

GKW

Member Bio
Reaction score
The Atmosphere store at Yonge & Queen has signs on the windows saying "end of lease sale" ....

GKW

Member Bio
Reaction score
Lole Atelier has closed
Baroli Cafe has closed
The Proactiv kiosk has closed
Zumiez is ready to open

soundmuseum

Member Bio
Reaction score
Zumiez has opened. Jack & Jones seems to be closing, or possibly moving. Their entrance was blocked off and I could see them packing up the goods inside.

Edit: I was mistaken about Jack & Jones. The screens have been taken away from the entrance and the store seems back to normal.

Last edited:

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I don't shop at Express, but this is pretty significant news for some of my friends that do as regulars. Their other Toronto locations include PATH (First Canadian Place), Fairview Mall, and Sherway Gardens.

DowntownCoder

Member Bio
Reaction score
Dairy Queen/Orange Julius has a banner up to the effect that their lease is expiring shortly, "thank you for 38 great years".

GKW

Member Bio
Reaction score
there are only 2 other locations I am aware of-
280 Spadina Ave, Dragon City- Spadina Dundas

351 Bremner Blvd across from Skydome ( ya.. I still call it that and won't change it )
The other ones that are close to downtown are at 1646 Bloor near Keele and 1040 Broadview near Mortimer
There are dozens in the GTA