News   May 24, 2024
 102     0 
News   May 24, 2024
 356     0 
News   May 24, 2024
 259     0 

Toronto Eaton Centre

Really excited about Urban Herbivore! It's a 15-20 minute walk from my office, but it'll be worth it.

It's really hard to find good eats in the PATH-connected food courts and there's almost zero espresso (unless you're O.K. with Starbucks), but I hear there's a Dark Horse location opening inside Sears... I hope this kind of stuff eventually drifts south from the Eaton Centre, but a lot of the food courts down here are already rennovated or are in the process of rennovating and the same chains keep returning.

I guess I could take a BIXI out of the financial district for good food/coffee, but I can't bring myself to spend $5 on a trip to get a $3.50 coffee. I'd get a membership, but I already own a bike and I don't bring it to work because I live close to the office.

Boo-hoo, First World Problems :(

Last edited:
The list of restaurants is posted on the partition that is still blocking access to that level. Same old fast-food outlets one can find in various financial district food courts, with just a few exceptions (Urban Herbivore and Big Smoke Burger, for instance). I hope the designers had lunch in the Bay-Adelaide Centre food court and implemented better noise management as a result...

No kidding. A pleasant looking food court in Bay Adelaide, but so unpleasant to sit in, or even to walk by, due to the decibels. And the restaurant selection is awful.

I had a look at the new Eaton Centre "Urban Eatery" north food court today. The steel drum band they invited for the opening was out of place in a concrete and glass environment (I thought my head would explode), but mercifully, it was relegated to the level above.

The food court is vast and an enormous improvement over its predecessor. The ambient noise was tolerable despite it being nearly full. The restaurant finishes are lavish considering what is generally on offer, but I didn't try the food today as I had my own lunch :) I seemed to notice that McDonalds is dispensed from providing reusable dishes... that will have to be confirmed.

The south food court is already closed (except for Richtree, of course) and demolition has begun.

The Nike Store in the Eaton Centre is boarded up for renovations and slated for a Winter 2011 re-opening

The Nike Store in the Eaton Centre is boarded up for renovations and slated for a Winter 2011 re-opening

Back in April I was at the Bloor Nike location and I asked them to call the store to see if they had the same shoe in my size at the other store. The Nike SA told me that was a franchise and not really owned by Nike, which is why it is not on their website locations. Nike had purchased the store and is going to make it a "reall Nike store" whatever that means.

Went through the Eaton Centre today and noticed that the Kernels (Popcorn) near the fountain is boarded up for renovations but the other one near the Dundas entrance was still open..

As reported on the Apple Store thread, the McDonalds on the Queen St. end of Eaton Centre is reported to be closing. The Genius Bar employee hinted at a new Apple Store as a replacement, but this is just a rumour so far.

As reported on the Apple Store thread, the McDonalds on the Queen St. end of Eaton Centre is reported to be closing. The Genius Bar employee hinted at a new Apple Store as a replacement, but this is just a rumour so far.

Interesting, since practically next door, next to Cultures, Grand and Toy has closed.

Not really a need for two McDonald's in the mall anyway. I don't see Apple moving in there though. I mean why bother? There's nothing wrong with their current location. At least there won't be when we get a second location downtown.

Last edited:
They will be closing. Not surprising that McDonald's is so late 80's.

I remember when they installed that McD. The marble, stainless steel, glass and neon signs was their first foray into a slick, urban chic look at the time I think....I remember being surprised at the time.

Interesting, since practically next door, next to Cultures, Grand and Toy has closed.

And further downstairs, below these locations, SportChek is closed, and so is the Eaton Centre Goodlife Fitness (Plus who knows how much longer that SportChek affiliated store "Atmosphere" will remain at Queen and Yonge- it doesn't even have any internal connection to the mall anymore)

Back