Toronto East Harbour | 214.2m | 65s | Cadillac Fairview | Adamson

... it's key to remember the main transfer point from the Relief Line to ST will be at Gerrard. This will be more akin to Spadina on Line 1 & 2.

But it is also important to note this goes beyond transfer with GO - presumably East Harbour will be an important destination for RL, plus transfer to and from Broadview streetcar/LRT to Portlands in the future.

AoD

Also, the tallest building in this development is listed as 204m currently. I'm sure that will change, but it's something for the "heightists", as well as the thread title.

Also, the tallest building in this development is listed as 204m currently. I'm sure that will change, but it's something for the "heightists", as well as the thread title.

Not generally a heightist myself, but one significantly taller tower would serve as a landmark/visual anchor well, especially vis-a-vis the proposed Broadview corridor where Hearn would be the southern termini.

AoD

ST at this point is just 6 additional GO RER stations, which this is one of. So it is kind of ST, but ST is more branding than anything for the RER stations that the city is funding.

You guys aren't getting it. Anyway, not looking to derail this thread.

If anything, development of this site makes the mouth of the Don works even more important. They built a huge berm in West Don Lands to protect from flooding, East Harbour probably won't have anything to that scale. Does anyone have any intel re: how these lands fared during that massive rainstorm in 2013?

You guys aren't getting it. Anyway, not looking to derail this thread.

If anything, development of this site makes the mouth of the Don works even more important. They built a huge berm in West Don Lands to protect from flooding, East Harbour probably won't have anything to that scale. Does anyone have any intel re: how these lands fared during that massive rainstorm in 2013?

Isn't this entire development contingent on the completion of some of the flood protection measures encapsulated in the Don naturalization project?

The first part of it is supposed to start this year, Essroc Quay infill, which is around a $60 million project. Current budget for the whole thing is $1.25 billion I believe, with construction lasting 7 years. The part being done this year is separate than the whole project though, so we are probably looking at 10 years or so until its done.

The $1.25 billion budget includes far more than just flood protection though, its all the new servicing, road infrastructure, bridges, etc. for the whole thing. parts of it can be done for less. The Don realignment is probably only a small chunk of that and can be done much faster.

Last edited:
I don't recall having seen these renders (from the retail overview doc):
Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 1.48.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 1.49.14 PM.png

I know these are just conceptual, but my first impression is that the bike lanes could use a bit more separation...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 1.48.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 1.48.33 PM.png
    971.3 KB · Views: 809
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 1.49.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 1.49.14 PM.png
    932.6 KB · Views: 813

Back