Toronto eCondos | 195.67m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

This is what I got in email today from the management. The bars were installed on my balcony, which did reduce what I heard inside my unit. But I still do hear hovering sound that come from other units. From what I observed on the street, not a lot of units have the bars installed. so if you do experience the noise problem, go contact property management!

Attachments

• Wind Noise Update.pdf
    108.5 KB · Views: 483
I have the same experience. Bars were installed on mine and the higher frequency sounds were muffled which is much better but the overall volume was about the same. Maybe if all balconies were done but I'm skeptical that installing those braces really fixes the whole problem. Does anyone know if the sound is louder at the Y&E corner where the wind is much more powerful than the other side of the building?

Feb 22
Lot more up on site and not all shot from the same area or time.
40356219703_0cd68b1a60_b.jpg

40356221563_db96b644e5_b.jpg

46406358485_a08e1c9fe2_b.jpg

40356223503_9efd7d6643_b.jpg

40356223943_2af204646f_b.jpg

40356224833_8e26d923c4_b.jpg

46406362115_222b8f28bd_b.jpg

46406362675_f35f98dbc6_b.jpg

46406363215_78cc56c966_b.jpg

46406363875_040d58a3c4_b.jpg

40356230593_d3a910b4eb_b.jpg

33445438158_0c54c065fd_b.jpg

47321289011_75084fbca5_b.jpg

33438362598_19fb66cf2b_b.jpg

40349177733_164400b1af_b.jpg

33438363438_10bef9e39d_b.jpg

Wow if there's a way to make the screens more unsightly. Those little squares stick out more now! What do they look like from the inside?

In case anyone's curious, the noise is still very present, and residents are still complaining. The noise level is clearly not livable. It's so loud, it can be heard from the hallway, even before entering the suite.
Bazis really should take off those unsightly perforated screen facades... Seriously. why not please??

My guess is that it's the architects design and they can't change it that much? Those square dampeners haven't helped with the sound at all? I'm sad they block my view but the sound is what makes them unliveable.

In case anyone's curious, the noise is still very present, and residents are still complaining. The noise level is clearly not livable. It's so loud, it can be heard from the hallway, even before entering the suite.
Bazis really should take off those unsightly perforated screen facades... Seriously. why not please??

It likely will have to come to removing the screen facades like you mentioned, not sure how else this could be resolved. That would probably be the easiest way anyway.

Just out of curiosity, do you live there or close by?

My guess is that it's the architects design and they can't change it that much? Those square dampeners haven't helped with the sound at all? I'm sad they block my view but the sound is what makes them unliveable.
As the developer, they can do whatever to correct the design. These are temporary fixes, aren't they? If not, residents may have to make it clear to Tarion that what has been delivered is not livable.

It likely will have to come to removing the screen facades like you mentioned, not sure how else this could be resolved. That would probably be the easiest way anyway.

Just out of curiosity, do you live there or close by?
I live at E Condos. I was so glad to hear about the temporary fix while I was on business trip. And I literally stayed up for hours and hours on the night I just came back, because of the noise.
If any one of Bazis executives spends a week at E Condos, they'd remove the screens right away, before it drives them nuts. However, they don't live here and don't realize what the noise does to humans.
I CANNOT SLEEP AT NIGHT

I'd imagine (and hope) that Bazis are working hard on a fix. Logically they're trying probably trying to employ a number of solutions that involve retrofitting the current screens perhaps with clear plastic backings or other devices that reduce the wind vibrations.

Worse comes to worst they might have to replace the screens either with black glass, black metal sheets without perforations, or black metal sheets with revised perforations that don't scream in the wind — like the ones at Menkes' Harbour Plaza. This would likely be a last resort for Bazis as they would (probably) be on the hook for the cost of replacing all of the balcony guards.

In the meantime, sympathy! I am sure it is incredible disappointing to buy into a building and have something as (usually) benign as balcony guards cause sleepless nights.

I live at E Condos. I was so glad to hear about the temporary fix while I was on business trip. And I literally stayed up for hours and hours on the night I just came back, because of the noise.
If any one of Bazis executives spends a week at E Condos, they'd remove the screens right away, before it drives them nuts. However, they don't live here and don't realize what the noise does to humans.
I CANNOT SLEEP AT NIGHT

Sounds terrible. I hope they find a solution that works soon..

Back