Toronto eCondos | 195.67m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

Basis is going to lose a lot of money if thry have to replace the “skin”. Has something like this ever happened?

I wonder if they'll install something behind the panels to disrupt the air movement? Maybe more glass?

Maybe they might run a modified panel through a wind tunnel to see if it works?

I wonder if they'll install something behind the panels to disrupt the air movement? Maybe more glass?

Maybe they might run a modified panel through a wind tunnel to see if it works?
Agree, probably another clear cover installed behind the panels blocking the airflow thru ??

What a horrible situation - this has class action lawsuit written all over it.

After listening to the above video, I can't imagine a solve is around the corner... This will take time because there are many many parties involved. Even when figured out, implementing it will most likely take over a year - but that's just a guess from looking at cladding issues from other developers (aka, falling glass from Festival Tower).

Last edited:
FYI, this is what it is like to live at E Condos - daytime > nighttime > balcony
Video was recorded on March 19, 2019. It was a very nice weather and definitely not a windy day.

You need to start collecting data,....
  • Get Sound Level Meter to measure decibel (like everything,... available on amazon!)
  • Chart with weather data (The Weather Network) for that area (wind-speed, wind-direction, wind-gust, humidity, pressure (kPa)), time, day, etc,.. exact location of measurement (x feet inside or outside sliding door); keep variables constant like windows closed
You seem to be around 40th floor,... organize with other condo buyers to do the same
Collecting data will show if Bazis "fix" does anything to improve situation,... and prepare for legal action

What a horrible situation - this has class action lawsuit written all over it.

After listening to the above video, I can't imagine a solve is around the corner... This will take time because there are many many parties involved. Even when figured out, implementing it will most likely take over a year - but that's just a guess from looking at cladding issues from other developers (aka, falling glass from Festival Tower).

I was one of the buildings part of the falling glass lawsuit. No balcony use for a year. I haven't received a dime.

If it wasn't so tragic for the people who have to suffer this, it would certainly make for an epic highlight of this Toronto development cycle.

Indeed. I don't see a quick resolution either. This is a full scale problem that will require a lot of time to find a solution, then test it, build it....oh and who pays for it? What's sad is you can't even cut your losses and sell right now because no one would buy as is. Which is the scam pre-con has turned into. Pay large sums of money and be at the builder's mercy.

Back