Toronto DNA3 | ?m | 15s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I'm not arguing that they don't have value as designed objects. They clearly do and I enjoy both buildings, on their own (and the special coffee maker's both dealerships have) But, to me, architecture isn't just about nice buildings, it's about the interplay between themselves and the surrounding environs, how they connect to the people who walk past them everyday and the way in which they add to the neighbourhood on a human scale.

To bring it back to the Volvo dealership, I just don't think that simple commercial use is good enough for an area that cries out for more. Ok, I'm finished now:)

Sorry to bring this one back from the dead, but you don't consider that spellbinding delivery experience (and the many beautiful machines greeting anyone happening to be nearby) interactive with the neighbourhood? The three (or four when Lexus opens) lower Don car dealerships are about as influential parts of the community as there can be. I hope BMW Toronto is protected for future generations, if only because getting your car delivered to you with a vista of West Don Lands and the skyline in your background is something that quite simply has to be done once in your life.

Wrong thread to the discuss BMW dealership, sorry.

If they don't get this sales centre opened and off the ground in the next 4 months, they will have a phenomenally hard time selling this. We're at the peak (actually just starting to crest downward ever so slightly) and new condos will be hit even harder than re-sale.

Rendering

just received this from Canderel Stoneridge:

EMAIL_TEMPLATE_02.jpg

DNA3 - DOWNTOWN'S NEXT ADDRESS IS OPENING SOON
Get ready for the most anticipated condo opening in all of King West. DNA3 is set to take downtown condo living to the next level with cutting edge design, modern suite finishes by Cecconi Simone along with contemporary indoor and outdoor amenity spaces. Stay tuned for upcoming details of your preview opportunity.

In the meantime, view pics here and here of how we're transforming the corner of King and Shaw in preparation for the official opening happening this summer. And, read what the National Post thought of our photo shoot 'vid' (we love the social scene!) More exciting updates coming soon to your inbox. Spread the DNA3 buzz! Tell friends & family to register today.

http://www.smtp19.com/itracEmail/view?uuid=a92496a0-4497-4d92-b7b9-26679880985e

Looks like the design has changed slightly from the previous version, rather than 3 rectangular towers atop a connecting podium, the new design seems to suggest 2 L-shaped towers separated by a north-south private road / open space

Previous proposal:

Picture 47.jpg

Top quality unit in DNA3, this made me laugh actually :)

270sq ft?

SERIOUSLY?

The entire "home" is smaller then a bedroom...

Attachments

• Picture 47.jpg
    Picture 47.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 714
My favourite feature of that unit is the view of the back of the flat screen tv as you enter.

seriously? 270 sq.ft. !! thats crazy ~

is this where condos are heading in TO ??

seriously? 270 sq.ft. !! thats crazy ~

is this where condos are heading in TO ??

Look at it this way. This place is good to run an office, to chill out after a night of drinking rather than driving on the highways or when you have been kicked out of your pad.

I'm all for cities densifying, but living in a space that tiny would be depressing. If I owned something like that, I would probably go out of my way to spend as little time at home as possible.

Thanks for posting the YouTube vid urband: very cool!

Back