Toronto Discovery at Concord Park Place | ?m | 28s | Concord Adex | BDP Quadrangle

A few weeks ago, I thought this thread was dead!! Quite a lively discussion.

Most of us were given move in dates starting in Late Decemember 2011 to Late March 2012. Makes you wonder why they would have a massive movement of people in the middle of winter. Last year, I marched into the sales office to see the reason for all these delays. It was mentioned initially of some sort of river underground/contaminated land that prevented immediate development of the parking garage. The waiting has been killing me all these years but it seems that everything is still on progress. I saw plants in the court yard and by passing by, it looks like the underground parking lot it officially complete with two potential side entrances. I guess now more work needs to be done internally.

Lol underground river? Does this river also flow into tango? I bet it does hence why
the sudden halt in excavating the site.

Lol underground river? Does this river also flow into tango? I bet it does hence why
the sudden halt in excavating the site.

No water in that pit when I saw it on the 19 and looks the same as my May photo. I did get some new shots at grade for Discovery though.

No water in that pit when I saw it on the 19 and looks the same as my May photo. I did get some new shots at grade for Discovery though.

Thanks for your periodical updates on your flickr page! Its great since I dont have the time to get to north york to check the place out. :)

Is it just me or did they add more white trimming along the windows to the building to match the top white box?

Hey Cassius, now that the complex is taking shape and with Tango coming up, I'm scared about the traffic in the area, It will be a zoo to get in and out of at rush hour! I certainly hope there will be enough lanes and especially in the parking garage that we don't get those tiny windy garages that I'm petrified to drive in, you know, the ones where you come within a hair of another car coming around the corner!

A few weeks ago, I thought this thread was dead!! Quite a lively discussion.

Most of us were given move in dates starting in Late Decemember 2011 to Late March 2012. Makes you wonder why they would have a massive movement of people in the middle of winter. Last year, I marched into the sales office to see the reason for all these delays. It was mentioned initially of some sort of river underground/contaminated land that prevented immediate development of the parking garage. The waiting has been killing me all these years but it seems that everything is still on progress. I saw plants in the court yard and by passing by, it looks like the underground parking lot it officially complete with two potential side entrances. I guess now more work needs to be done internally.

Hey Cassius, now that the complex is taking shape and with Tango coming up, I'm scared about the traffic in the area, It will be a zoo to get in and out of at rush hour! I certainly hope there will be enough lanes and especially in the parking garage that we don't get those tiny windy garages that I'm petrified to drive in, you know, the ones where you come within a hair of another car coming around the corner!

Not to mention that since not everybody is going to be getting a parking spot, all the existing spots are most likely going to be filled leading to a very packed garage.

When everyone moves in, just look for the dark car marks along the white walls leading out of the parking garage. Those would be the problem areas for drivers as they turn out without drinking coffee beforehand.

Last edited:
The corner on Old Leslie and Provost where the Leslie is being built - was that suppose to be where the Canadian Tire headquarters was suppose to be built? Does anyone have the story why Concord didn't get that piece of land there to add into Concord Parkplace? So, if The Leslie gets a direct subway entrance how is Discovery going to negotiate a direct entrance to Leslie subway? That bastard condo at the corner may be getting dibs! :p hah!

Last edited:
Asiancolossus: You are right. Traffic will be insane. I bought a parking spot but I work downtown so from Monday to Friday, I can leave my car snuggled underground and hop on the Leslie subway station. I heard there will be 4 levels of underground parking. It will be interesting to see how they assign the parking lots. I'm definitely not looking to drive up and down 4 levels to park.

Wildymyst: LOL.. we got to be careful not to offend anyone who will be buying into The Leslie. But I totally agree that the designated land area should be a part of the massive Concord territory. Still haven't heard how they will try to accomodate us with a direct entrance to the subway station.

By the way, I just past by the site today around 8 a.m. Workers and trucks were already on the grounds. Looks like things are really picking up. I noticed more flower pots were being designed on the property on Provest Dr. These next 6 to 7 months will be quite interesting to watch this project be completed.

Lessons can be learned from parking garages at Solaris 1 and 2, they have separate entrance for the P1 and P2, while another entrance for above ground parking level 1 2 3 and 4. Parking needs to be above ground to sustain the mayhem!

I believe the CT building was to be in this spot (marked in orange) ;

ct.jpg

What's with the ye olde lamp posts? They're totally out of context in this area.

I think the lamp posts have always there been there. If you look at the picture with Canadian Tire in it, you see the same type of lamp posts on the other side of the street as well. Although, you are right. They do seem a little bit odd when pitted against the building. I guess they just didn't bother to replace it or else it would then clash against the lamp posts on the other side of the street.

What's with the ye olde lamp posts? They're totally out of context in this area.

That's what I noticed too. It's pretty much the standard in the U.S. and in the 905 that no matter the context, premium street lighting will be of "ye olde" design. I'm glad we have some contemporary street lights in Toronto and a legacy of contemporary style, though we could still see some better designs.

Last edited:

Back