Toronto Daniels Waterfront - City of the Arts | 156.05m | 45s | Daniels | RAW Design

1E7A7932-3522-4F59-85E7-565A3B612188.jpeg

morning stroll

Attachments

• 07476855-9817-46D8-8E88-24DFDBCB3C1D.jpeg
    07476855-9817-46D8-8E88-24DFDBCB3C1D.jpeg
    222.6 KB · Views: 186
  • 165EB037-A7FB-4DC3-BE70-83CF9E8008DB.jpeg
    165EB037-A7FB-4DC3-BE70-83CF9E8008DB.jpeg
    346.9 KB · Views: 203
That looks great. Just don't look up.
Looking up at the droplet waveform balconies is fine… so, two out of the eight sides of the two towers is okay, but otherwise, yeah 'the yard' is looking good. It just needs patio furniture, some planters overflowing with petunias, summer weather, and a post-Covid return to socializing… so some time.

Perhaps this has been asked and answered previously, but what's the deal with the bollards in the retail strip? Are they just denoting patio areas for retail units that might be food/drink-oriented?

1609348341192.png

Looking up at the droplet waveform balconies is fine… so, two out of the eight sides of the two towers is okay, but otherwise, yeah 'the yard' is looking good. It just needs patio furniture, some planters overflowing with petunias, summer weather, and a post-Covid return to socializing… so some time.

I confess, I always did like that concept of that concentric soundwave pattern use of balcony glass - that was a neat idea. And could of saved that building if wasn't for the distraction of poor quality materials (read: spamdrel) and trash colour (read: Herb Tarlek beige). So it became a layered wedding cake made of industrial paper towel and toilet paper in the end. /sigh

Why would they place trees smack dab in the middle of the sidewalk? They build a nice wide sidewalk then put trees where they'll create the biggest obstacle possible. Some people have little common sense but you usually don't hire people like that to design things.
The sidewalk is wide enough here that the location of the trees should not make them much of an obstacle. By moving them some distance from the curb, they get to be a little bit safer from road salt.

Pigeons like to roost lower though. So shorter buildings of more dignified quality get the contents of their entrails far more than taller ones that are more deserving of it. >.<

The sidewalk is wide enough here that the location of the trees should not make them much of an obstacle. By moving them some distance from the curb, they get to be a little bit safer from road salt.

Disagree. There's enough room on either side to pass but that doesn't mean it's satisfactory. That's an awfully low bar you're setting. One can move the trees far closer to the curb without it being an issue. You don't put trees smack dab in the middle. It's a poor design decision. And if salters are that careless and/or their equipment not up the task, that needs to be resolved so it doesn't snowball into other sub par outcomes like this.

These buildings by Daniels remind me of the South Beach condos on Park Lawn and what not. I don't think Daniels Waterfront will age well

Edit: South Beach not Key West

Back