Toronto Cumberland Square | 253.92m | 75s | KingSett Capital | Giannone Petricone

I would hope for a slightly taller frontage on Bay, to fill in the streetwall. There are taller buildings in both sides.

I suspect is the 'artistic impression' that skews the road width shown marcus ... yeah I agree with you that the rendering shows a road more like University Ave

I don't mind 'artistic impression' when it comes to the actual building, like skewing the cladding a bit to make it look more flashy and what not, but changing the context of where the building is (like this showing the building on a larger roadway when it's really not) is just a pet peeve of mine. I hope with this development that the streetscape will improve along Cumberland between Bay and Yonge like it is to the west towards Avenue. By streetscape I'm referring similar sidewalks, light posts, etc.

From October 7, 2008 Toronto East York Community Council:

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2008/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-15721.pdf

AoD

Looking at the building diagrams, I notice a significant connection between the Holt Renfrew store's second and third floors into this new project. Does anyone have insider information into how much, if any, of the Cumberland project will be occupied by an expanded Holt Renfrew? I recall a newspaper article speculating about this, but no 'confirmations' per se as of yet.

I'd like to see if the concourse level provides for an expanded Holt's as well. The men's floor lacks the space needed for Holt's men's fashions, at the moment.

On the last page under "Dwelling Units" it says "Tenure Type: Rental".......will this be a rental apartment building or is it possible to sell the units as condo?

Not without a modification to the application.

I don't want to do my readings so I made this very rough sketch of future Midtown Toronto.

midtownfuturech1.jpg

/MS Paint FTW!

great job ... thanks for the sketch Koz ... could you also throw in there BSN + CrystalBlu ??

then we'll have the new Yonge+Bloor neighbourhood (which some builders like to market as Yorkville)

Thanks. I'll add those buildings tomorrow.

Looking at that image, I've realized that the tallest of the Cumberland towers is going to have a real presence for those driving up Balmuto Street.

Yes there is. In fact, it's probably the third most photographed project on UT after BA and Casa (thanks to Casaguy).

Good work koz. It will be great to see the Y-B skyline grow over the next few years.

Back