Toronto Cube Lofts | ?m | 6s | Neilas | RAW Design

A interesting fact... a company called Water View Capital Corp. was doing something with CUBE - "Available $750,000 10% Yeild Investment Oppurtunity"
Investment Highlights:
1 Year Term - Matures Dec 1, 2010
2nd Mortgage @ 10% yeild

Not sure when that was... probably sometime in 2009... but thought I'd share it.

Water View Capital is run by the person developing the Cube Lofts. He's simply trying to raise money himself (builders need mezzanine financing, lines of credit or whatever they can get to cover their construction loans which eat up a fair chunk of their profits).

30 May 2010 update: 1st floor has finally started.

dsc08177c.jpg

For such a small project, construction is moving at a snail's pace -- what's the deal?
I remember when they were first selling a long time ago.

I thought they already sold all of the units.

No soil problems currently:

CubeLofts1.jpg

CubeLofts2.jpg

CubeLofts3.jpg

CubeLofts4.jpg

CubeLofts5.jpg

CubeLofts6.jpg

Quadrangle is no longer the architect of this building?
Notice the RAW Architects Design sign on the hoarding.

Can't wait to see the photos -- I really like this project.

Updates: glazing is being applied...

CubeP1200665.jpg

CubeP1200666.jpg

CubeLoftspano.jpg

CubeP1200677.jpg

As is black brick!

CubeP1200676.jpg

CubeLoftsBackpano.jpg

CubeP1200681.jpg

CubeP1200683.jpg

I had high hopes for this building but now I am pretty disappointed.
I was expecting something much sleeker and open as shown in the original renderings.
The facade is unfortunately broken up by so many small window panels and the frames are a bit too thick. The window frames would look much better in black.
Looks like your typical King West condo, not a bad thing, just nothing special.

***Edit***
I forgot the building will be clad in black brick and the concrete painted black which will make the building look really sharp.
However, I am still not a fan of the busy looking windows which distract from the modern aesthetic of the building. I know floor to ceiling glass is extremely expensive, but they could at least simplify the window pattern and/or make the mullion profile thinner or tone it down.
Can't wait to see more progress though.

Last edited:
I think the front facade will look good upon completion. It needs all its glass in the different sections with the black framing to make its impact. As I mentioned in the blog post, I'm not thrilled about the blank side wall looming over the neighbourhood.

Back