Toronto CrystalBlu Condos | ?m | 36s | Bazis | Burka

There's another failed unit in caltrane's first shot, about 10 floors down from the top of the windowwall. That's the third failed unit I've seen on this building, and it makes me wonder about the quality of glass. Anyone know who's supplying the glass? (Not the windowwall, the glass?)

Edit: And up near the top it looks like there's a handful of windows that are several shades lighter than everything else. It's definitely not a shadow thing. Anyone else notice them?

Last edited:
Do you mean the photo taken at 6:45pm by Caltrane? I see a window that looks sort of rust coloured 10 floors down, towards the right side of the building. Is that what you are referring to?

4226196602_2d2afd915d_b.jpg

4225811951_96cc23f4ac_b.jpg

4226580016_2bd863b2c4_b.jpg

Last edited:
The discoloured glass might represent a failure of the low-E coating. It isn't the most reliable technology.

Uptown and Crystal!... way to go :D!

i remember taking that exact same shot 2 years ago!... what a change!... they really do fill in a large gap!.. i can't wait to see the completed Uptown when its done!... gonna be sweet!

nice shot :)

to me, our skyline is way to transparent... you can see from one side of town to the other, in certain places with very little obstruction!... this is a minor example but still... I'd like to see ourselves one day having the same major density as NY! (maybe... minus all the congestion!)

Last edited:
photo by me
Crystal Blu / Uptown
Taken: Jan -14 - 12.30pm
cladding installation continues
roof forming on Crystal Blu

sany1724.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like the same grey cladding I'm seeing on the Solaris tower along the 401.

casaguy ... I think spandrel panels on Solaris are somewhat similar to CrystalBlu, but Solaris' spandrels maybe possibly be more blue-ish grey ... and Uptown's precast colour is also similar to Solaris'

Spandrel + Precast Colours

Back