CrystalBlu Condos | ?m | 36s | Bazis | Burka

Roy G Biv

Member Bio
Reaction score
It seems like precast and glass colour are the two aesthetic elements that most often show a disconnect from the original render. I wonder if developers go for sales, or perhaps volume if they're using the same colours on another project.

But honestly, this tower has been marketed as a shiny, crystal-blue tower, and if it's not, that should be enough reason to get your deposit back. Legally, it's not, but it should be.

gristle

Member Bio
Reaction score
But honestly, this tower has been marketed as a shiny, crystal-blue tower, and if it's not, that should be enough reason to get your deposit back. Legally, it's not, but it should be.

They marketed it as CrystalBlu. Blu is not a word - never mind a colour.

AKS

Member Bio
Reaction score
I just thought they wanted to be special with a missing e in blue like ice has the funny hat at the top.

dt_toronto_geek

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if the precast "blu's" up as they advance above the podium

condovo

Member Bio
Reaction score
Walked by this afternoon. The building looked quite good under dreary, overcast skies IMO. The non-crystal blu windows in the podium are fine, blending well with very decent, taupey precast. I'm sure they'll change to the hoped-for/hyped colour as they rise above the base. Also, the more I see the 'crystal'-embedded granite, the more I like it. The shards reflect light in an interesting and engaging manner. They're trippy.

Last edited:

dt_toronto_geek

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Walked by this afternoon. The building looked quite good under dreary, overcast skies IMO. The non-crystal blu windows in the podium are fine, blending well with very decent, taupey precast. I'm sure they'll change to the hoped-for/hyped colour as they rise above the base. Also, the more I see the 'crystal'-embedded granite, the more I like it. The shards reflect light in an interesting and engaging manner. They're trippy.

I agree, I like the lower precast and embedded, chipped away crystals too. As you say, hopefully what materializes above isn't as bad is described above.

dt_toronto_geek

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Sept. 1

Rising behind the Yonge-Charles apartments. Uptown can be seen just to the left, considerably lower but also starting to rise from my POV

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

dt_toronto_geek

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Sept. 1 Update

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Blu on the left, Uptown on the right

Glass & cladding on the north and south sides of the building

The first window panels/balcony sliders installed on the west side. It looks like the glass has a blue tinge but it's hard to tell. The blue shows up better in this photo than it does to the naked eye. I'll see if I can get a shot with the sun in the west when I come out of the Varsity cinemas around 4pm.

From Charles Street

SP!RE

°°°°°°
Member Bio
Reaction score
I am quite sure the tower will have more "crystal blu" style glass (okay, well blue atleast) than the windows we see on the podium.

The thumbnail showing the first tower glazing above shows a reflective, to my eyes very very blue, colour.

dt_toronto_geek

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
The thumbnail showing the first tower glazing above shows a reflective, to my eyes very very blue, colour.

I thought so too, especially when I saw the image on my PC which is very encouraging.

SP!RE

°°°°°°
Member Bio
Reaction score
My fantasy for the building, however, which I think I developed upon seeing the rendering, was a very transparent (not reflective!), light blue glass.

I'm interested to see this glass go up, especially on the Yonge Street / east facade.