Toronto Crosstown LRT: Science Centre Station | ?m | 2s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

20220613_102947.jpg
20220613_102948.jpg
20220613_102953.jpg

TBH as an immigrant back home we had to walk 40 minutes each morning just to get water regardless if it would be raining or not. Along the way as a child we would be concerned that we would get mugged or harassed. I thank GOD every single day that I am in Canada.

With that being said I am ever so grateful that they are building the Eglinton LRT / Ontario Line Science Center Station and it will only be a 4 minute walk to the Science Centre in a safe and inclusive environment where I do not have to worry for my life or feel unsafe. On a side note - @HousingNowTO is working on the parking lot adjacent to the station and building 3 high-rise buildings with retail. This will reduce some of the parking lots and perhaps you will then only need to see parking lots for the last minute or 2 of your 4 minute walk.

Also I am going to add Ontario Line will be literally on top of you as you walk south on Don Mills and they will be creating some sort of community space (they are still deciding what as per there last town halls) under the elevated portion of the Ontario Line. Metrolinx asked the town hall folks to provide their feedback on what they want under the elevated portion. Feel free to provide your feedback to them directly.

I am confident with the addition of the Housing Now Project and the Elevated Ontario Line community spaces your 4 minute walk will be much more comfortable for you.
We should never take what we have for granted.
On the other hand, we also do not live in the context of the place where you lived before immigrating to Canada and people should be able to voice their opinions about improving what we have.

Birds eye view of the Science Centre Station

The North West entrance through Aspen Ridge Crosstown Place is currently under construction. It would be quite funny if Aspen Ridge Crosstown Place opened up around the time Crosstown would open up... It sure seems to be case but who would have even imagined 3-4 years ago.

crosstown september 2022.jpg

Not 100% sure why, but there's several firetrucks parked next to the station and firefighters are going in and out. I don't see anything about it in the Toronto Fire Twitter account, so it could just be a regular inspection but they are dragging a fire hose into the station itself.

IMG_8072.jpg

IMG_8073.jpg

Not 100% sure why, but there's several firetrucks parked next to the station and firefighters are going in and out. I don't see anything about it in the Toronto Fire Twitter account, so it could just be a regular inspection but they are dragging a fire hose into the station itself.

View attachment 480130
View attachment 480131
My uneducated guess is they are training.

Or "IBM" station, in memory of the old IBM buildings at the northwest corner.
don-mills-site-today-.png
From link.
Or they can call it Aga Khan Station... Aga Khan is building a not for profit housing building with in the celestica building, city has change wynford drive to Aga Khan Boulverd, so would just make logical sense to call this Aga Khan Station.

The eglinton lrt aga khan station can be renamed to dvp station or ferrand as it is called now.

Back