Toronto Crosstown LRT: Mount Pleasant Station | ?m | 1s | Metrolinx | NORR

Map seems to indicate this is complete but I beg to differ - see my photos. Also for those who live, work, play and drive through this and other station areas of the Crosstown, they cannot be completed soon enough. I pity the people who will have to go through the same or worse near the Downtown Relief Line.

DSC04226.JPG

DSC04227.JPG

DSC04229.JPG

Map seems to indicate this is complete but I beg to differ - see my photos. Also for those who live, work, play and drive through this and other station areas of the Crosstown, they cannot be completed soon enough. I pity the people who will have to go through the same or worse near the Downtown Relief Line.

View attachment 386031

View attachment 386032

View attachment 386033
That’s pretty fast the rest of the structure went up I saw a video from March 10th and they had just started to put up the structure so they’re working very fast

With all these delays, at some point you'd think they'd start working 3 shifts to try to finish it in a reasonable amount of time. It's been 11 years now. Sure, locals might not want the noise, but they'd probably like to see Eglinton reopened and restored sooner rather than later and to be able to use the LRT.

I've always had the opposite impression living near this station. The progress on Mount Pleasant station has been creeping along for years with so little to show each time I see it. Whenever I walk or drive by, there would maybe be one or two workers on site, usually just cleaning up the materials staging area. Don't get me started on Bayview, I stopped holding my breath hoping to see someone actually doing something.

View attachment 386031

View attachment 386032

View attachment 386033
No idea why the station was marked as complete. I have fixed it, thanks!

For me, having additional density above be accommodated would've been ideal. But otherwise, the restoration work on the corner building is well done.

Back