Toronto Crosstown LRT: Mount Pleasant Station | ?m | 1s | Metrolinx | NORR

My issue with the lack of Line 5 signage on the outside is it's creating inconsistency in our subway stations. Metrolinx may think their wayfinding standard makes the most sense, but without having TTC buy-in on having both agencies using the same standard, it's just creating a mess where different subway stations have different signage (something the TTC has just spent years largely fixing their own mistakes with). Honestly I'm concerned about the transfer stations to Lines 1 and 2. Are the existing Kennedy, Eglinton and Cedarvale stations going to use TTC wayfinding signage in the existing portions of the station, but then suddenly the signage is done to a different standard when you cross over into the new Crosstown part of the station? This is just gonna keep getting worse with Line 6, and then the OL. Not to mention the Line 1 and 2 extensions. Are we gonna have different signage standards between the TTC-owned parts of Line 2 and the SSE?

Also not to mention the mess that is the Crosstown is being done using an older version of the Metrolinx Wayfinding standard, not the current one. See the orange polls at the stations, which aren't the larger "T" signs that the current standard calls for.
Also, Metrolink has yet to open anything with its wayfinding system. All of Union stations uses different wayfinding, one of the biggest problems is unless you know that the bus terminal is accessed from the main entrance of Scotiabank arena you won't find it easily. The new terminal at Kipling doesn't have anything that I would say is overly bad but I think the TTC has better signage directing people to it than there is directing people to the TTC.

Intersection open!
IMG_20221217_134851.jpg

ORLY?
IMG_20221220_171559.jpg

Beauty. No crosswalks or stop bars though? I would have figured it's easier to get it all done than open the intersection then have to close it again for final pavement markings.

Rawlinson Avenue Reopens at Eglinton Avenue East - Late-February 2023

From link.

reopening_of_rawlinson_ave_1_0.png

What Work is Taking Place?

In approximately late-February 2023, Rawlinson Avenue will reopen at Eglinton Avenue East. All traffic lanes and turns will be reinstated at the Rawlinson-Eglinton intersection (refer to map above). No further traffic changes at this intersection are expected as a result of Crosstown construction.

What to Expect

Access to Eglinton Avenue East from Rawlinson Avenue will be reinstated. Noise from relocation of fencing, equipment, and materials can be expected during this work.

Back