News   May 03, 2024
 695     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 449     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 233     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Large number of COVID positive workers at Crosslinx. 28 positive, 70 in isolation. Some work temporarily suspended, but will in general continue elsewhere on line.

Thoughts?

Large number of COVID positive workers at Crosslinx. 28 positive, 70 in isolation. Some work temporarily suspended, but will in general continue elsewhere on line.

Thoughts?
Sounds like my prediction of December of 2022 is likely to happen. LoL

^Interesting that they used standard turnouts for their back track, as opposed to equilaterals. Presumably they are only used as contingency.

- Paul

After checking out the Crosstown Construction in person I have a lot of thoughts . . .

I definitely agree with your sentiments there. Even Rob Ford's plan may have been better than the final outcome now despite the absurd cost at the time. What I would've done to Rob's plan is that I would definitely elevate the current surface section of the line, Science Centre station and westward would be underground up until Mount Dennis. And in a later phase, the line would become fully elevated towards the airport as well as an extension to Malvern Town Centre on the RT side of the line. I'd also upgrade the line to use fully automated rolling stock. This could've been the final result. By now the RT could've already been replaced under the old plan.

1610030076585.png

1610030167243.png

Attachments

• 1610030042622.png
    1610030042622.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 264
^Interesting that they used standard turnouts for their back track, as opposed to equilaterals. Presumably they are only used as contingency.

- Paul

Likely to save on costs. No need to order and stock different geometry materials.

Dan

I wonder if they have done/will do the same on the Avenue and Laird underground storage track turnouts.

From link.

Looks like the light rail turnback operations will be similar to the heavy rail turnback operations the TTC currently uses on its rapid transit lines.

met-ops-terminal.gif

They could have used loops, but unlikely to be used here.
met-ops-loop.gif

In Montréal and other cities, they use a reversing track located beyond the terminal station.
met-ops-siding.gif

The latter is the used in such places as Paris Metro and Tokyo Underground and London.

From link.

Looks like the light rail turnback operations will be similar to the heavy rail turnback operations the TTC currently uses on its rapid transit lines.

met-ops-terminal.gif

They could have used loops, but unlikely to be used here.
met-ops-loop.gif

In Montréal and other cities, they use a reversing track located beyond the terminal station.
met-ops-siding.gif

The latter is the used in such places as Paris Metro and Tokyo Underground and London.

London also has loops haha.

Back