News   Jul 12, 2024
 792     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 717     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 304     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

From the 2012 presentation, Caledonia Station would have a stairway at its west end, no elevator nor escalator. Just at its east end.

View attachment 56481

Yet, the elderly would be heading to buildings that are closer to the west end of the station. Wonder how many hours it would take them to climb those west end stairs?

That western design is so silly. Nobody is going to climb 11 flights of stairs. Thats easily 100+ steps. If they're not going to put in an elevator there, might as well close the stairway and make it an emergency exit.

Have they decided what the LRT cars will look like yet?

I'm kind of hoping they go with a painted silver look to distinguish them from the downtown streetcar network and align them more with rapid transit by making them look the same as Toronto Rockets.

Sort of like the scheme they have going on in Jerusalem. Their trains look sweet.

-_- I wish they went with a painted Silver look for the recent SRT retrofits. The blue is cringe worthy.

Ah, well there are a few in Naples I believe under construction. I am ok with the designs presented - practical enough. Wouldn't mind seeing more oomph at Yonge and Eflinton but it is what it is.

AoD

At this point with delays surpassing 2 years I could honestly care less what the aesthetics are. As long as they can build it quickly without any more delays!

That western design is so silly. Nobody is going to climb 11 flights of stairs. Thats easily 100+ steps. If they're not going to put in an elevator there, might as well close the stairway and make it an emergency exit.

To be honest, until it was discussed here, I actually assumed it was an emergency exit. There is absolutely no point in fitting out the top end as a station entrance.

- Paul

To be honest, until it was discussed here, I actually assumed it was an emergency exit. There is absolutely no point in fitting out the top end as a station entrance.

- Paul

Going down would be easier. When the Line 2 (Bloor-Danforth) opened, there were mostly no down escalators at all, just up escalators. Better than the original Line 1 (Yonge) where there were stations with no escalators at all.

Haven't seen any updates that detail or updates to the designs for Eglinton Crosstown stations, since 2012.

TBM update:

Screen shot 2015-10-07 at 5.44.57 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-10-07 at 5.44.57 PM.png
    Screen shot 2015-10-07 at 5.44.57 PM.png
    271.7 KB · Views: 421
Have they decided what the LRT cars will look like yet?

I'm kind of hoping they go with a painted silver look to distinguish them from the downtown streetcar network and align them more with rapid transit by making them look the same as Toronto Rockets.

Sort of like the scheme they have going on in Jerusalem. Their trains look sweet.

-_- I wish they went with a painted Silver look for the recent SRT retrofits. The blue is cringe worthy.

I'm kinda hoping they adopt the Outlook colour scheme. Nothing beats red IMO. But if they don't, I'd be okay with an assortment of colours. Perhaps Line 5 orange, and Line 3 blue. The current green is okay, but I believe it's Metrolinx's attempt at putting their own signature on the line and which I feel isn't necessary.

Back