News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 387     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Still a long ways to go before the LRVs can start testing then, to answer others questions

The tracks at the Mount Dennis Maintenance and Storage Facility is complete, the overhead just needs to be powered up and the first light rail vehicles (already finished at the Bombardier plant) delivered. So they can test by moving them (plural) around the facility.

October, 2018:

Last edited:
The tracks at the Mount Dennis Maintenance and Storage Facility is complete, the overhead just needs to be powered up and the first light rail vehicles (already finished at the Bombardier plant) delivered. So the can test by moving them (plural) around the facility.

October, 2018:

So, then they could technically test the LRVs ( once delivered ! ), at the Mount Dennis MSF.

I'm sure this has probably been said already but I am new and am still catching up with things, what colour are the vehicles going to be?

well because line 5 is going to be orange, also why green? nothing in toronto is green
The only vehicle so far that has a line specific clour scheme is line 3 tge srt. I just don't get why its a big deal what clour something is going to be 2 years before its even completed anything can change between now and then.

All joking aside it is not uncommon to associate the line colour with the stations or the vehicles.

In Budapest the green line is the HEV which has green vehicles. All streetcars are yellow and listed on the map as yellow routes. Buses are blue and listed as blue on the maps.

In London, each line has a different colour scheme for their stations. The Bakerloo has brown railings in their stations, the Met has purple and the Overground has orange everywhere for exmaple.

I think in Londons case it is more for wayfinding but the fact remains it does help and brings purpose to a colour scheme.

Back