News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 941     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 358     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

The branding of the Crosstown has always been Green or Orange. Metrolinx still has some green (mainly visible on new presto cards), so getting grey is actually a huge disappointment, especially since the stations are barren concrete. Sure, the Sheppard Subway had huge financial constraints, but at least it had colour.

This video makes this evident

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toro...new-eglinton-crosstown-lrt-vehicles-1.4884677

How did they f*** up the LRVS this badly?

Also, loops may be slower depending on the turning radius, but will almost always be able to handle more traffic than switches because multiple LRVs can be in a loop at the same time, only one LRV can go over a switch at a terminal.

The Metrolinx brand since 2017 has been grey.

The LRV's will be run in pairs of 2 or 3, so that they dont have to turn around. The cabs will face opposite direction.

Finch West and Hurontario will also be grey apparently.
If that holds to be true, than Metrolinx has no idea what they're doing when it comes to marketing. We're talking about the same organization who recently rebranded their image "to better market themselves" but yet they would have no idea of what the basics are when it comes to marketing LRT and making it attractive if they go ahead and do that.

I think we'll have to have a wait and see approach with the liveries for other lines, as it wouldnt make sense that they would put a blue colour scheme for the ION line, while all other lines would randomly all have grey.

Last time Metrolinx hired consultants for the Crosstown, they assisted them in coming up with the garbage station names we know of today.

I dont think consultants would be of much help at all.
Ahaha yes that is what I was getting at. I thought it was obvious when I specified British consultants. :p

f that holds to be true, than Metrolinx has no idea what they're doing when it comes to marketing. We're talking about the same organization who recently rebranded their image "to better market themselves" but yet they would have no idea of what the basics are when it comes to marketing LRT and making it attractive if they go ahead and do that.
I think they got her marketing information from the same pole tha5t told the Jays that should have black hats because they sell better than other colours and that's why people by white sox and New york yankees hats.

The grey trains are a shame for another reason - they're a symptom of the larger problem of transit fragmentation in Toronto. We have the TTC subway with one colour and wayfinding scheme and the Eglinton LRT with another in the same city for no good reason. Add in completely different design schemes for GO Transit, UP Express, and LRT/BRT in York Region, Durham Region, Brampton, and Mississauga and you end up with an utterly confusing and disorganized mess. There should be a single mapping, design and wayfinding system for the entire GTA rapid transit system.

The grey trains are a shame for another reason - they're a symptom of the larger problem of transit fragmentation in Toronto. We have the TTC subway with one colour and wayfinding scheme and the Eglinton LRT with another in the same city for no good reason. Add in completely different design schemes for GO Transit, UP Express, and LRT/BRT in York Region, Durham Region, Brampton, and Mississauga and you end up with an utterly confusing and disorganized mess. There should be a single mapping, design and wayfinding system for the entire GTA rapid transit system.

Well that will be at least a positive to SuperLinx

Also nice to see you, Mister F

The nice thing about complaining about a paintjob is that its a paintjob. Its a simple fix later down the road.

These LRT's seem like they are nice and good quality, and lets just get them all here ASAP and we can worry about what colour they are down the road.

I'm quite happy that we are complaining about them being gray rather than late or nonexistent.

Although I wish we got the 7 segment versions like Edmonton. Coupling just isnt sexy. But I digress.

Back