News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

regardless of whether there is space on the north or south side, it can be Eglinton Ave. that shift and the grade-separated LRT that stays put. It's probably a couple of million dollars a kilometre to shift Eglinton - small potatoes on a project of this scale.

I liked the proposals put out late last year, even if the grade separations were ultimately rejected at the time:

http://www.eglintonwestlrt.ca/gradeseparation/

Elevated: Jane, Scarlett, Islington
Tunnel: Royal York, Kipling, Martin Grove
Trench: Renforth (existing)

In-between the stations, an exclusive ROW which alternates between above and below grade primarily on the south side of the corridor.
I love how shallow those tunnels are.

(PS. lose those mid-block stops!)

The new government hasn't been sworn in yet, but the lying and aggressive misrepresentation of facts has already begin. This is what we can look forward to over the next 4 years.

View attachment 147266
For the small portion at Black Creek drive, this statement is correct. And a grade-connected connection to the rail yard was actually quite important.

I can see a middle-of-the-road right-of-way from the portal at Eglinton Flats (west of Weston) up to before Islington, where the right-of-way would be elevated over Islington AND the eastbound Eglinton to the south side of Eglinton. Shifting the traffic lanes to the north, the right-of-way would be on the south side of Eglinton past Martin Grove, avoiding the very heavy left turn traffic congestion coming off the 401/427/27 intersection.

The right-of-way could stay on the south side of Eglinton until it reaches the East Mall, where it can either continue on the south side or return to the middle-of-the road or even the north side to Renforth to connect with the Mississauga Transitway, before continuing on north to Pearson Airport.

Last edited:
Eglinton West and Eglinton East LRTs will be combined with the center portion of the Eglinton Crosstown LRT to become one line from Pearson Airport to Malvern Town Centre... ...hopefully.

Eglinton West and Eglinton East LRTs will be deferred indefinitely by the Ford Government ...maybe.

Eglinton West and Eglinton East LRTs will be deferred indefinitely by the Ford Government ...maybe.

The western extension is a city funded project that originated as part of Smarttrack. I can’t see how it would be stopped by the Province when there is already a MOU signed committing ML to build it at the City’s cost.

- Paul

The western extension is a city funded project that originated as part of Smarttrack. I can’t see how it would be stopped by the Province when there is already a MOU signed committing ML to build it at the City’s cost.

- Paul

Let's also remember where the Eglinton West extension runs through... the heart of Ford country. Premier Doug won't just forsake his own people. If any rapid transit is tackled during this term, this one will be a prime candidate.

Let's also remember where the Eglinton West extension runs through... the heart of Ford country. Premier Doug won't just forsake his own people. If any rapid transit is tackled during this term, this one will be a prime candidate.

In all honesty, if he's going to do anything to it, he's going to probably bury it. This is kind of dumb when you consider that the line could be elevated, but it's not a terrible outcome, just a somewhat significant waste of money.

Back