News   Jul 16, 2024
 531     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 548     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 680     2 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Not everyone votes but I'm confident millionaire home owners who have their homes taken away shortly after moving in will be motivated to get to the polls. You are correct that this is a non starter similar to elevated subway in Scarborough.
Scarborough would be fine with elevated subway. If you position it as elevated or nothing, then they'll take elevated.

Scarborough would be fine with elevated subway. If you position it as elevated or nothing, then they'll take elevated.
If people universally thought that was true then elevated would have been proposed from the very beginning. Anyways on this topic I don't think that the government can suggest buying back homes which were just built and sold without public backlash

Dec 02
Eglinton & Yonge
38802892842_8fe63c9fc3_b.jpg

24961381458_0106ebfd59_b.jpg

38802895522_d03bfd2344_b.jpg

38802897502_e2921f5d03_b.jpg

38802900132_f353e84544_b.jpg

24961388298_5ec9a9f929_b.jpg

24961389428_f035a86425_b.jpg

38802904512_d3b06b7bb0_b.jpg

If they can't dig under Martin Grove and Eglinton easily cause of the Enbridge gasline, why don't they consider building even taller hydro towers that can allow the station to be elevated. Problem solved. Can't let the Hydro companies preventing structures under hydro corridors anymore if this city is going to grow.
Hydro can go under if LRT goes over...

Last edited:
Dec 02
Eglinton & Yonge

38802900132_f353e84544_b.jpg

Imagine future interchange station construction....

Finch West - Line 1 / Line 7

Osgoode - Line 1 / Line 3

Queen - Line 1 / Line 3

Pape - Line 2 / Line 3

Science Centre - Line 3 / Line 5

Don Mills - Line 4 / Line 3

Finch - Line 1 / Line 7

Sheppard West - Line 4 / Line 1

Sheppard/McCowan Road - Line 4 / Line 2

Pearson Airport - Line 5 / Line 7

All my life - only three white dots with three little white circles on the map...then Kennedy to SRT, then Sheppard-Yonge. And finally three more under construction now - Cedarvale, Eglinton, and Kennedy.

Boy, we’d almost have a network going at that point...Line 1 is under going track reconstruction at Summerhill this weekend. No bother, I’ll take Line 1 up to Cedarvale from Union and then head back to Eglinton. Shuttle bus...what dat?

Think of the GO interchanges on top of this...Caledonia, Mount Dennis, Landsdowne, Front/Spadina, Gerrard Square, St Clair/Stockyards/512

Remember, I did say “imagine”...

Last edited:

Queen - Line 1 / Line 3

Pape - Line 2 / Line 3

Finch - Line 1 / Line 7

All my life - only three white dots with three little white circles on the map...then Kennedy to SRT, then Sheppard-Yonge. And finally three more under construction now - Cedarvale, Yonge, and Kennedy.

Boy, we’d almost have a network going at that point...Line 1 is under going track reconstruction at Summerhill this weekend. No bother, I’ll take Line 1 up to Cedarvale from Union and then head back to Eglinton. Shuttle bus...what dat?

Think of the GO interchanges on top of this...Caledonia, Mount Dennis, Landsdowne, Front/Spadina, Gerrard Square, St Clair/Stockyards/512

Isn't Finch LRT Line 6?

Queen - Line 1 / Line 3

Pape - Line 2 / Line 3

Finch - Line 1 / Line 7

All my life - only three white dots with three little white circles on the map...then Kennedy to SRT, then Sheppard-Yonge. And finally three more under construction now - Cedarvale, Eglinton, and Kennedy.

You forget:

Dundas West/ Bloor - Line 3 / Line 2

Mt Dennis - Line 3 / Line 5

Or, if we're really thinking far afield...

Hurontario / Dundas - Line 2 /Line 8 (Hurontario Line)

Too bad half those lines will be glorified streetcars that stop at red lights. Of all the LRT and light metro systems being developed across the country - Montreal REM, Ottawa Confederation Line, Vancouver Skytrain, Edmonton and Calgary LRT - none are designed like this except in southern Ontario.

RER will be much more useful than any of the Transit City lines except possibly Eglinton.

Too bad half those lines will be glorified streetcars that stop at red lights. Of all the LRT and light metro systems being developed across the country - Montreal REM, Ottawa Confederation Line, Vancouver Skytrain, Edmonton and Calgary LRT - none are designed like this except in southern Ontario.

RER will be much more useful than any of the Transit City lines except possibly Eglinton.

RER and LRT and subway serve completely different types of trips, so I’m not sure what the point of this comparison is. It’s like saying we don’t need cars now that we have airplanes.

RER is targeted at long distance trips, while LRT is targeted at short to medium trips. More than half of all trips in Toronto (regardless of mode) are less than 5 km.

City Council -by a margin of 28 in favor to 14 opposed- rejected to follow through with the planning department's recommendation of sticking the Crosstown West LRT on the centre lanes of Eglinton. They will now look to studying alternatives along the stretch.

On a related note, they also rejected Michael (subway, subway, subway) Ford's fantasy of tunneling the whole Crosstown West line.

https://www.thestar.com/news/city_h...uthorizes-look-at-tunneling-eglinton-lrt.html

City Council -by a margin of 28 in favor to 14 opposed- rejected to follow through with the planning department's recommendation of sticking the Crosstown West LRT on the centre lanes of Eglinton. They will now look to studying alternatives along the stretch.

On a related note, they also rejected Michael (subway, subway, subway) Ford's fantasy of tunneling the whole Crosstown West line.

https://www.thestar.com/news/city_h...uthorizes-look-at-tunneling-eglinton-lrt.html

Are they looking at 100% grade separation, or merely targeted separation at intersections?

^I havent found details out the details on how exactly they will be proceeding, but from what I caught I believe they will be primarily looking at tunneling options with grade separation at intersections.

Back