News   Aug 02, 2024
 2.6K     1 
News   Aug 02, 2024
 4.4K     3 
News   Aug 02, 2024
 1.7K     4 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

That's most likely because they would have used two stage pedestrian crossings.

so the public realm accessibility improvements are only better for people if they're going to the middle-of-the-road station platform and not if they're planning to cross the street.

Stephen Holyday just made me do one of the largest eye rolls i've done in a while, but needless to say i'm surprised Tory is actually taking a second look at this as the Crosstown West study was flawed in every imaginable way:

https://www.thestar.com/news/city_h...cond-look-at-tunnelled-eglinton-west-lrt.html

That's nice.

I just hope they don't go to the opposite extreme and don't decide to tunnel the whole line, as much cheaper and still effective options exist for this particular corridor.

Safe to say the project is delayed by another year, at least?
Makes you wonder if this was all planed all along.

Does it need to be that long? I'd say, two months is enough to decide how much grade separation they are willing to fund, if any.

Even if they just do grade separations at Islington (the cheapest) and Martin Grove (the most congested), I'd say the design gets improved.

Stephen Holyday just made me do one of the largest eye rolls i've done in a while, but needless to say i'm surprised Tory is actually taking a second look at this as the Crosstown West study was flawed in every imaginable way:

https://www.thestar.com/news/city_h...cond-look-at-tunnelled-eglinton-west-lrt.html
First criteria was that the mid-block stations had to be retained.
Then they looked at potential grade-separation.

Should have considered what the benefit would be to full grade-separation. The earlier study from 16 months ago found that full grade-separation had the best benefit-cost ratio - only one with a better ratio than 1.0.

Does this have a date to go to Council? All I have found is the fairly non-technical documentation from the consultation.

I am wondering if any more technical analysis was done and if this suppoting documentation is going to see the public eye before the Council debate.

- Paul

First criteria was that the mid-block stations had to be retained.
Then they looked at potential grade-separation.

Should have considered what the benefit would be to full grade-separation. The earlier study from 16 months ago found that full grade-separation had the best benefit-cost ratio - only one with a better ratio than 1.0.
This is part of the reason why if given the choice between choosing the city or Metrolinx to build Crosstown West, I would've chosen Metrolinx despite their failings on dealing with the Eastern section of the Crosstown line and the station naming conventions.

Does this have a date to go to Council? All I have found is the fairly non-technical documentation from the consultation.

I am wondering if any more technical analysis was done and if this suppoting documentation is going to see the public eye before the Council debate.

- Paul
Reportedly council is set to vote on something next week regarding Crosstown West. What exactly they would be voting about, i'm not too sure.

This is part of the reason why if given the choice between choosing the city or Metrolinx to build Crosstown West, I would've chosen Metrolinx despite their failings on dealing with the Eastern section of the Crosstown line and the station naming conventions.

Reportedly council is set to vote on something next week regarding Crosstown West. What exactly they would be voting about, i'm not too sure.
Perhaps on the recommendations of the exec committee?

This would have to go though to Council for approval regardless.

And ML is in charge of building the Scarborough LRT (RT replacement)... we’ve seen how well that has gone

Reactions: syn

Of course they're taking another look. Why shouldn't they get underground transit too?

That's going to be heard a lot more often as we continue to build underground infrastructure where it's not necessary. Politically speaking, it's a winner for whomever decides that their residents should no longer be 'mistreated'.

Back