News   Jul 15, 2024
 730     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 890     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 626     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

seriously, whats the point.... the website is already sufficient enough and people who regularly travel those routes should know after the 2nd time anyways. In the grand scheme paying 1 or 2 techies to develop this isnt much but it may serve as
an indicator on the management of the construction as a whole, which so far isnt looking that great.

On another note they started installing new light poles in the Don Mills area. Are those temp which permanent ones coming in later because theyre just wooden posts with a light attached......

The point is to offer redundant services to try to reach as many of the affected people as possible. If people don't get the memo, they complain. Apparently if they do too much to reach people, we complain. I won't use the app, but whining about it as a "waste of my tax dollars" is like the most petty thing.

I don't know about the light poles specifically, but Crosslinx is widening the road there in order to divert traffic to either side while we do some early foundation work for the station. I'm sure there's a public notice out about that somewhere.

Next time you see a relevant tender send in a bid. There's very little magic in how they pick who does the work.

HA! biggest chuckle I've had all morning. Little magic aside from most bids require a minimum amount of previous experience doing directly relevant applications. It's very hard for new companies to break into the scene and bid for work if they're not part of a consortium or a sub to another lead. And although the process is "fair" it usually comes down to picking consultants the Province or City has worked with before because they know them and their product and it's less risky than picking an unknown (regardless of technical bid/pricing). Sometimes previous relevant experience can account for upwards of 40% of the marks.

I think they are likely going to come out in many pieces and it won't be like when they lifted the two over eglinton west. They really aren't much use now that they are done with them.
They could be used for the Finch West LRT at Finch West Station, or Sheppard East LRT at Don Mills Station. However, their construction isn't likely to be started soon, so dismantling them may be more cheaper and assemble them later.

Last edited:
They could be used for the Finch West LRT at Finch West Station, or Sheppart East LRT at Don Mills Station. However, their construction isn't likely to be started soon, so dismantling them may be more cheaper and assemble them later.
How long is the finch west tunnel supposed to be if it's only from the station to the road I would think they would probably do it cut and cover ant it will be similar to how queens quay used to be until Waterfront Toronto played with it.

How long is the finch west tunnel supposed to be if it's only from the station to the road I would think they would probably do it cut and cover ant it will be similar to how queens quay used to be until Waterfront Toronto played with it.

There is really no tunnel at Finch West, the platforms will be right below the surface and the portals start immediately on either end of the LRT station.

Sheppard is planned to be tunnelled though, I'm pretty sure I remember that the plans originally to use the TBM's for the eastern Eglinton tunnels on Sheppard first, then move them down to Eglinton, I don't know if they have any plans for what TBM's will be used on Sheppard, if that line does ever get built.

Is the Eglinton East LRT more useful than the Sheppart LRT? Should the provincial government switch the funding over (if funding even comes soon).

Th
There is really no tunnel at Finch West, the platforms will be right below the surface and the portals start immediately on either end of the LRT station.

Sheppard is planned to be tunnelled though, I'm pretty sure I remember that the plans originally to use the TBM's for the eastern Eglinton tunnels on Sheppard first, then move them down to Eglinton, I don't know if they have any plans for what TBM's will be used on Sheppard, if that line does ever get built.
They would need a TBM to get under the 404. DM is so deep, it would take years to excavate that station. If they are to build this LRT, they'll need to start excavation right away. They won't be able to get the TBMs till a year later.

Finch West LRT station is just a smaller box on top of the subway. It would only be as deep as Queens Quay Station or Spadina Station streetcar platform level. Shouldn't take as long to excavate compared to the TYSSE.

Is the Eglinton East LRT more useful than the Sheppart LRT? Should the provincial government switch the funding over (if funding even comes soon).
Also need the feds to switch their 1/3 too. Scarborough east really lacks in any decent form of transit while the Sheppard area wants their pipe dream subway. It's good if they have money but kinda wasteful since it doesn't reach Malvern. Eventually Sheppard East (east of McCowan) would need some form of priority transit. If the subway goes through, I would guess the rest of Sheppard would get bus lanes only as the demand is easy to handle with artic buses.

Back