News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 391     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

There shouldn't be any stops in-between. That existing stop in-between opposite Rangoon walkway is hardly ever used. Depending on how the stations are designed i.e. with secondary exits and lengthy platforms, it'd be hard to argue keeping any of the mid-block stops (Mulham, Russell/Eden Valley, Wincott or Lloyd Manor). Cut them all to save time and million$.

It'll come all down to... whether or not... Eglinton Crosstown West and Eglinton Crosstown East should have the same stop spacing as Eglinton Crosstown Centre (from between Sunnybrook Park to Ionview)?

crosstownroutemaplarge.jpg

There shouldn't be any stops in-between. That existing stop in-between opposite Rangoon walkway is hardly ever used. Depending on how the stations are designed i.e. with secondary exits and lengthy platforms, it'd be hard to argue keeping any of the mid-block stops (Mulham, Russell/Eden Valley, Wincott or Lloyd Manor). Cut them all to save time and million$.
The distance from Martin Grove to Renforth is quite far. Without a 32 bus supplementing the LRT, it would be impossible for seniors to get to a stop.

I wonder if they can operate the LRT with stop requests for these low demand stations. It doesn't make sense for the current Crosstown but Crosstown West can certainly make use of stop requests. The stops don't have to be full fledged. This just need a concrete platform and and regular bus shelter.

^ I'm all for keeping the East Mall stop, it's Rangoon I object to.

It'll come all down to... whether or not... Eglinton Crosstown West and Eglinton Crosstown East should have the same stop spacing as Eglinton Crosstown Centre (from between Sunnybrook Park to Ionview)?

Just because they made a mistake once doesn't mean history needs to repeat itself. Aga Khan, Hakimi Lebovic and Ionview are completely superflurous stops and should have been given the ax and rightfully so. Eglinton West west of Jane doesn't even have the density of Eglinton East through western Scarborough to justify having stops every 500 metres.

120 metre platforms/station boxes with exits at either ends strategically positioned to minimize walking distances between intersections could more than suffice for most of this area. A Scarlett Rd station for instance would have a western exit adjacent the pedestrian overpass @4000 Eglinton. Royal York exits to Russell. Islington to Wincott and Martin Grove to Widdicombe Hill.

Millions of dollars saved from not building additional platforms, commute times slashed. I doubt if even 100 people combined daily use the mid-block stops.

Millions of dollars saved from not building additional platforms, commute times slashed. I doubt if even 100 people combined daily use the mid-block stops.
I couldnt agree more, honestly stations at Llyod Manor and Wincott (just from personal experience passing by the area regularly) would be an outright waste of money. Metrolinx would literally be spending $100-$200 million on 500 daily riders at most. Seniors barely even use the 32 as it is right now, so I dont think an LRT would really change that at all.

I cant speak for the other proposed mid-block stops, but if they're anything like Wincott and Lloyd Manor then they would be wasting even more money.

Once complete this thing must take the record for longest LRT in Canada.
If it's built, it will be about 43 km. By comparison, the 501 Queen streetcar is about 24.5 km. The Yonge subway will be 39 km when the extension to Vaughan is opened (so it would be slightly longer if extended to Richmond Hill.

I certainly don't think there's anything close LRT-wise in Canada.

It won't however, be as long as the Gold Line in LA, which is currently 50 km long - with more extensions planned.

^ I'm all for keeping the East Mall stop, it's Rangoon I object to.

Just because they made a mistake once doesn't mean history needs to repeat itself. Aga Khan, Hakimi Lebovic and Ionview are completely superflurous stops and should have been given the ax and rightfully so. Eglinton West west of Jane doesn't even have the density of Eglinton East through western Scarborough to justify having stops every 500 metres.

120 metre platforms/station boxes with exits at either ends strategically positioned to minimize walking distances between intersections could more than suffice for most of this area. A Scarlett Rd station for instance would have a western exit adjacent the pedestrian overpass @4000 Eglinton. Royal York exits to Russell. Islington to Wincott and Martin Grove to Widdicombe Hill.

and I can think of a couple more stops but with the name changes on those LRT stops I don't even know which ones they are now

I would love to see a map done in this style but with the East and West extensions.

Once complete this thing must take the record for longest LRT in Canada.

At 38 kilometres, the Eglinton Line is longer than any other rapid transit line in Canada, increasing the size of Toronto's rapid transit network by 55%. The Yonge Line will be a little bit longer once TYSSE and YNSE open.

Including Crosstown East + West, Finch West, Relief Line and the Spadina Extension, Toronto's rapid transit system will approximately double in size by 2028.

At 38 kilometres, the Eglinton Line is longer than any other rapid transit line in Canada, increasing the size of Toronto's rapid transit network by 55%. The Yonge Line will be a little bit longer once TYSSE and YNSE open.

Including Crosstown East + West, Finch West, Relief Line and the Spadina Extension, Toronto's rapid transit system will approximately double in size by 2028.

And still won't be nearly enough. By far.

That map really illustrates how idiotic the naming of the Eglinton station is. You'd never know this line crossed Yonge Street. And you'd think Eglinton was a north-south street. Really, really stupid. Inconceivably so.

That map really illustrates how idiotic the naming of the Eglinton station is. You'd never know this line crossed Yonge Street. And you'd think Eglinton was a north-south street. Really, really stupid. Inconceivably so.
i can only imagine the names that will be in store for stops on crosstown east and crosstown west, We won't even know its in Toronto

i can only imagine the names that will be in store for stops on crosstown east and crosstown west, We won't even know its in Toronto

If TTC Board (as per Mihevic's motion) get it's way, Metrolinx will have nothing to do with the construction of Crosstown East + West (because ML works too slow). Means we should go back to a somewhat logical naming system.

Back