News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 977     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 367     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

The way his post was worded it looked like he was extrapolating forward that he wanted one more module (7+1) which, with the suspended modules and fixed bogies of FLEXITY, isn't possible from a technical standpoint. I know there are many, many different configurations from different manufacturers. :)

The Ottawa Alstom trains are articulated asymmetrically, which I hate (one car has 2 bogies, the rest have 1 and are trailered)

Ottawa's trains are odd, but designed to have another module added later, hence the paint scheme which looks like the car is missing a portion.

You're assuming that the modules are always the same length. They're not.

The units with two doors on the intermediate modules, for instance, and generally (but not always) longer than those with only one set of doors.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Exactly. A 40m car becomes a 45 m car by making the modules a bit longer.

More movement in the east and west!

easttbms.JPG

westtbms.JPG

Attachments

• westtbms.JPG
    westtbms.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 560
  • easttbms.JPG
    easttbms.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 568
Anyone else excited about the seeming change in developments in terms of the number of stops west of Mt Dennis? Seems like they've dropped all the non-transfer intermediate stops in favour of kilometre-apart spacing.
where is this information?

Ok, a few questions

What Crosstown station does the relief line appear to intersect with? Isn't laird the last tunnelled station, is that what they are aiming for?

Don Mills is an underground station, so the plan would likely be to connect it there.

Ok, a few questions

What Crosstown station does the relief line appear to intersect with? Isn't laird the last tunnelled station, is that what they are aiming for?

What is the order of which these new lines are likely to be constructed?

Where is the official information on the transit plan they were supposed to release today? I've seen the map but greater explanation would be good.

Does anyone know if their is a general forum about rapid transit in to I'm new to UT and I would love to talk about the network as a whole

Welcome to the forum - there is no general thread on the network as a whole (though you may find ones specific to GO service, or the old Transit City or Smarttrack.

As to the official information - here is the site: http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/contentonly?vgnextoid=a74e4be8ac29d410VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD - the slidedeck has more detailed explanation available.

AoD

hi guys ...long time lurker but decided to join the forum with all the recent transit announcement. My question is does anyone know why the crosstown east would take 8 years as I believed it already had a ea, it was shovel ready and there is no tunneling involved I believe. I just cannot grasp how that will take 8 years ? ...the channel tunnel took 6 years !!!

Back