News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.2K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 813     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

is there a source for the fact that it will no longer run underground to don mills? I can't seem to find one.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/05/12/metrolinx_puts_leslie_back_on_the_crosstown_map.html

Metrolinx has restored a Leslie St. stop to the Eglinton-Scarborough Crosstown LRT by dropping its proposal to tunnel the transit line further east to Don Mills Rd.

Thanks for screwing up the line even further...

Those councilors makes me sick...The lots of them :mad:

If getting a change on the line is that easy, maybe all Scarborough should show up demanding elevated transit on Eglinton.

Last edited:
are provincial politics not a factor here?
forgive me if i'm wrong but haven't certain councillors been saying that the reason the line was all of a sudden going to be buried was that it was in premier wynne's riding?

protest. now.

http://ttc.ca/Customer_Service/Transit_Talk-By_TTC_Riders.jsp

Each event will include a short presentation by TTCriders followed by an open mic question and answer period. Andy Byford and Chris Upfold will be responding directly to your feedback and comments.

Already got my ticket. My questions will be about elevating the crosstown in Scarborough and I want them to explain to everybody what would happen if there was an accident at the "at grade" part of the line, so everybody get the picture that they will be screwed while the rest of the line will continue due to the trains short turning

Last edited:
Already got my ticket. My questions will be about elevating the crosstown in Scarborough and I want them to explain to everybody what would happen if there was an accident at the "at grade" part of the line, so everybody get the picture that they will be screwed while the rest of the line will continue due to the trains short turning

The exact same thing occurs whenever there's an incident on the subway.

http://ttc.ca/Customer_Service/Transit_Talk-By_TTC_Riders.jsp

??

Why are you going to bitch to the TTC about a Metrolinx project?

Yes but subways don't have to deal with cars hitting them, or hitting each other and getting in the way.

We're talking about LRT in a right-of-way here, not in mixed traffic. Car accidents are not a major issue on our current ROW lines (Spadina and St. Clair). I've been delayed by "smoke at track level" on the subway many more times than I've been delayed by the Spadina streetcar hitting an automobile (actually, I've never been delayed by the latter).

Hey folks,

I'm trying to get caught up here...(just moved to Toronto)

What would you consider the Eglinton-Crosstown's key issues and challenges from a community perspective?

Back