News   Jul 09, 2024
 353     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 490     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Would you prefer the shade of green we all now hate?
Yes, or orange to reflect the color of this line. But whatever, it doesn't matter what color the LRVs are to the average rider.

1621986424121.png

Last edited:
Good thing most people don't enter a Subway restaurant or a Metro grocery store expecting an entrance to a subway station.
I wou;dn't be surprised if the wayfinding expert that metrolinx though so. In an interview on a youtube channel, he talked about how people have shown up at bloor young station with luggege looking for the up express.

I wou;dn't be surprised if the wayfinding expert that metrolinx though so. In an interview on a youtube channel, he talked about how people have shown up at bloor young station with luggege looking for the up express.

Apparently this used to be a problem with Royal York station. People would end up there looking for the Royal York Hotel.

Apparently this used to be a problem with Royal York station. People would end up there looking for the Royal York Hotel.
I can kind of understand that one a little bit though, however, most people nowadays look things up a lot more than they used to and even use their smartphones for directions in foreign cities.

I agree that there should not be two different Bloor stations, or Mount Pleasant stations for that matter. I can see tourists going with luggage to the nearest Bloor station to catch UP only to figure out it is a different Bloor station. We should be a little more creative with station names. If London had Highway A501 station that would definitely not be an improvement.

I agree that there should not be two different Bloor stations, or Mount Pleasant stations for that matter. I can see tourists going with luggage to the nearest Bloor station to catch UP only to figure out it is a different Bloor station. We should be a little more creative with station names. If London had Highway A501 station that would definitely not be an improvement.
Eglinton station should have been renamed Eglinton-Yonge. This would also minimize confusion with Eglinton GO station in Scarborough.

Exactly Metrolinx should have renamed the go/ UPX station to something else.

I have taken many photos of Cedarvale station on May 23, 2021 that I'm splitting my post into four parts (West Median, Northwest Corner, Main Entrance Plaza, and View from Aldburn Road), which would be posted each day. Note that I have posted photos of East Median and East Entrance last week. Please bear with me.

Part 1 of 4: West Median

IMG_0460.jpg
IMG_0461.jpg
IMG_0462.jpg
IMG_0463.jpg

Back