News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 958     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 361     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Despite the bad traffic Eglinton i agree is a great street, it has alot to offer to many different types of people, forest hill part just west of yonge , then farther west is little jamaica / international market, and some empty lots here and there that will become condos close to the future transit stops, york has alot of little villages that im sure lots of people might not be aware of, the cross town will definately plug this area further into the fabric of the urban city.

I'm sure Metrolinx is pushing hard for Presto at every subway station by then.
TTC has already said they will have completely installed PRESTO on all buses, streetcars as well as at subway stations by mid-2015. The Crosstown line isn't supposed to be completed until 2020. This doesn't seem like a big issue.

scrappysmith makes some sense " I'll say it!! Though I doubt I'm first.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to go with the original plan that Stintz herself supported after all it does have a compleated environmental assessment thats allready accounted for the Don Valley."

I miss TC

Not sure what the story from CBC is here. What led to the question? Doesn't seem to be anything new here, other than a question that was fired at a couple of non-technical types, who simply made the obvious answers.

Given that Bloor-Danforth subway crosses over Don Valley, not under, it is hard to see a reason not to do the same for Eglinton.

The Sheppard line also crosses over a Don Valley branch just east of Leslie, rather than going under.

The Yonge line at Hogg's Hollow is about the only exception and I believe it too was originally to cross on a bridge in the first plans.

I'm surprised that anyone is uh-oh-ing about crossing the rivers on a bridge, or thinks it's news. This was explicitly agreed to in the memorandum between the city and province months ago. It was always the plan, or at least a possible element.

I don't really care if it's in a tunnel or if it's elevated, whatever is needed for the situation. In a valley situation, I think it's practical to elevate.

Back