Toronto Couture The Condominium | ?m | 42s | Philmor | Graziani + Corazza

Surely there would have to be some sort of indoor connection. I can't imagine people walking outside in the Winter just to get to an indoor swimming pool. I guess we'll find out as construction progresses.

I was talking to my friend who lives at Bloor Walk & they access the pool through the P1 level so it's likely that there will be some kind of an underground connection to the pool through Couture's underground too.

The Couture site from Jarvis Street

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Couture from above, facing Jarvis Street (east)

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

When Bloor Walk's two phases were first planned, the tower where Couture is going in now was nowhere near as large as Couture. Once Couture opens, it is conceivable that the pool will be busier at times than will be comfortable for some owners.

{

To me this supports the idea of no connecting tunnel. The pool is very small, and Couture is very big. I'm sure they would rather discourage Couture residents from using the pool...as it really is too small for the 2 buildings. Just my thoughts on it.

Think of the Bloor Walk owners (a relatively small 20 storey building) that have been waiting for phase 2 to split on the cost of the pool (maintenance, insurance etc.) to finally be able to lower their yearly budget with the pool sharing thus lowering their maintenance fees. It's not very convenient for Couture residents either who expect a pool as part of their amenities by having to walk outside to get to it, presuming there is no indoor connection which I'm willing to be there will be.

Something's got to give IMO. The pool is small, but also the sittting out area around the pool is also very small. The whole setup there really is designed from one small building like it is now. Doubt they are going to expand the pool....but maybe expand the 'laying out' area. Overall, not up to snuff at all with what X has.

Should start moving along much quicker after this level is complete.

couture-29-07-2011-1.jpg

couture-29-07-2011-2.jpg

couture-29-07-2011-3.jpg

Once they get about the third floor completed it'll start flying up, perhaps as quickly as a floor per week given the size of the floorplate.

I believe the first floor of the residences is underway.

couture-08-08-2011.jpg

Here you can see what looks like the first floor of the residences (balcony forms are in place)
couture-08-08-2011-2.jpg

couture-08-08-2011-3.jpg

Last edited:
Something's got to give IMO. The pool is small, but also the sittting out area around the pool is also very small. The whole setup there really is designed from one small building like it is now. Doubt they are going to expand the pool....but maybe expand the 'laying out' area. Overall, not up to snuff at all with what X has.

The area in behind Couture, a good sized space between Bloor Walk & Couture, is greenspace so I think it would only make sense to expand the fenced-in outdoor lounge area around the pool. We'll see sometime next year. There's not much they can do about the size of the pool though.

I grabbed a few shots too, from the east side of Jarvis Street

All those "Construction financing provided by BNP Paribas" signs on construction sites is a bit worrying. If the Euro-zone goes belly-up, is there a chance BNP can pull their financing from under-way projects?

Back